Note to New Members ×

WTT / WTS: Moss Wingswallow 149 (Used)

dchu

Edit 12/9/2019:

Ended up trading in my previous board for a Wingswallow 149. I'm 210 lbs, skeptical this can work at my size but a couple buddies INSIST this can work for me. We'll see.

If anyone's interested in a trade or sale with something I listed below, here's some pics. Topsheet is 8.5 / 10. Base is 9/10. A few burrs on the heelside edge for a regular rider. Looks like it was ridden once or twice.

image.png.3e9bfca387c154dcf6bc2f97d8b122fe.png

image.png.694315ed1a0ba026e115949221ab02f0.png

Original Post:

Without getting into details, a shop screwed up the tune on my Moss board. I'm trying to sort things out with them, so not naming names or airing out specifics.

They've offered me a trade from something in their demo fleet: a Wing Swallow 149 or Swallow 162. I'm not interested in either board (Wing Swallow is too small and I already own a Swallow 62), so I'd prefer to trade them for something of similar condition and quality. I'd consider a sale, but I'd like to hunt for a suitable trade first.

I'm 210 lbs, size 10.5 US boot, so bigger guy. My everyday soft boot all-mountain boards are in the 162-164 range. Searching for a relatively recent (last 3-4 years), high-end snowsurf / carve inspired board that I can't easily find in the states, like a Dupraz, Gentemstick, Amplid, Deus Ex Machina, etc.. In particular I have my eye on is a Dupraz D1 6' +.

No actual photos because I haven't seen the boards yet (I live in San Francisco, the shop is in Tahoe).

Wingswallow 49

image.png.cfca3d30849414e4d0af51ee90348782.png

Swallow 62

image.png.4f5fa22ca85a861539003f852c384335.png

(Before anyone tells me I should push them for a new board swap, that's possibly on the table too. But I shop here quite a bit and would prefer not to tighten the screws until I've explored other options)

Edited by dchu
Updating posting.

24 minutes ago, dchu said:

Dupraz, Gentemstick, Amplid, Deus Ex Machina,

Hey d

Sorry to hear your troubles.   Those boards your searching for are truly hard to come by for sure in the US.

Why not a Moss PQ60?   I love mine and I'm 230lb and a Modo 28/10ish

Pretty sure I know the shop in question.  I'm sure they will do right by.

5abef0f501534_PQ602017.jpg.0da30c4d9cefc8ff8a682bcc1406896b.jpg3.jpg.797211b28da1704a34e2a20080716d10.jpg

2017.png

Edited by barryj

16 minutes ago, barryj said:

Hey d

Sorry to hear your troubles.   Those boards your searching for are truly hard to come by for sure in the US.

Why not a Moss PQ60?   I love mine and I'm 230lb and a Mono 28/10ish

Pretty sure I know the shop in question.  I'm sure they will do right by.

I hope so. Unfortunately their snowboard buyer who spearheaded their snow surf efforts left last year (he's a buddy of mine) and I don't know the current guys as well. If he was still there, I suspect the shop would have not screwed up the tune.

They don't have a PQ60 in the demo fleet, and I don't want to have them pull a new one off the shelf until I've explored options out of their used stock. Besides which, I really like the fat 274mm waist on the PQ54 and am bummed Moss shrinks the waist so drastically down to 258mm on the PQ60. I've heard rumors Moss is experimenting with a fat waist PQ57-ish, but we'll see. Right now the only boards in the line I'm interested in are Swallow 62 (which I own), Swallow 70, or PQ54 (which to be honest is a little small for me, but super super fun on the right day). I could maybe be talked into a Wingpin 75 or Pintail 64, but neither speaks to me.

Edited by dchu

1 hour ago, dchu said:

I could maybe be talked into a Wingpin 75 or Pintail 64, but neither speaks to me.

Ditto there........   rode both and Nah,  their too specific in function and not very versatile!.  My U5 was much more fun/versatile than those.

How about the MMD 152 ...it's 264 in the waist and rides like it's a 162   I thought  it was a hoot with hard boots and plates.  Kind of the middle between a U5 and PQ60 imo    Wants to carve but Really happy in the chop and pow.   .....and no "tails" to get banged up in the trees or in the liftline jungle..

5aa433c8b9e95_Moss1.jpg.ba6d2e1975ba2be801a93add882b90ca.jpg2.jpg.b46b57f3beac5c28e009a1d1a4e9774a.jpg

Half-heartedly bumping this. Picked up a WS 149. I can find basically nothing about in terms of reviews and video, so screw it, just going to ride it and see. If someone has a trade offer that blows me away, feel free.

Edited by dchu

5 hours ago, Atom Ant said:

Do you want any Alpine boards?  I have several.

Not really. I know it's odd to post on this forum without interest in alpine boards, but the forum came up when I was googling results for Moss boards (mostly because of @barryj lol) and I figured if any community would be interested in funky esoteric boards, it'd be this one lol.

1 hour ago, Atom Ant said:

Ok, because I would like the board but as someone else mentioned, your desired trades are really, really rare boards... which of course leaves me crap out of luck unless you want a alpine board.  If you decide you would take cash (or a GS board! LOL), please let me know.  

Cool. I'm most likely going to put to snow and see if it speaks to me. If I decide to part with it for cash, I'll let ya know 🙂

• 4 weeks later...