z_in_nyc

Phantoms on a solid board

Is anyone out there riding Phantom bindings on a solid board?

They look very well built and it’s so easy to swap them between boards, but those two contact points seem a bit flimsy for all around use. I broke a couple of bails on burton plate bindings back in the day and it was no fun. Anyone had good experiences on a solid board at a resort?

I’ll be doing free riding on an all mountain board and these would replace F2 Carve RSs (the all plastic F2s). 

I thought about it, but from memory there's a limitation on the maximum angle. I like around 45 degrees and I seem to recall somewhere that there's a limit of 30 degrees on these.

That said, I think they could easily machine a "non split" centre disk for those bindings which would weigh less and be simpler/ cheaper than the split kit. It may be worth emailing them as although I could not get a response to them from here in Europe, they do respond to US email and maybe they may consider this a market worth tapping.

The bails and lever look very burtonian to me, so if you broke the burton bails I'd have some hesitation.  

Thanks guys. @philw I ride low angles. So should be ok. And they do sell cleats to fit a solid board. 
I reckon the splitboarders take it easier on their gear so I was curious if anyone here has beat these up on a solid board. I agree those bails look fragile!

680B3E5B-C443-4E64-B7FD-B89F62481BD9.jpeg

Yes, low angles only on those. 

Plastic is fantastic! I love my Carve RS and Proflex!