Note to New Members ×

Schwietzer '20, new lifts and old friends

b0ardski

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2019 at 12:15 PM, ExcelsiorTheFathead said:

Yup.  I should be here all winter, or thereabouts.  I picked up my season pass and am ready to go.

That's great! I'll hope to see you this winter - it has been a looooong time! Hope you can make it to Libby for the Montucky Clearcut too. 

• 2 weeks later...

I might go Friday unless it is too cold.  I've got nothing else to do.  But I'm going to assume that there are going to be rocks and I'm only riding my disposable board until I get confident about the conditions.  I've got the Sun-Fri pass so Saturdays are out all season. 

How is the bus from the Red Barn?  Is this a good option for going up?

Schweitzer says that there will be no beginner terrain on Friday.  Does this mean that the green trail under Musical Chairs will not be open?  My plan was to park in the lower lot halfway down Musical Chairs and take that chair up.  I always go for the shortest car-to-snow distance.

I went up this morning in the cold and wind.  3 runs and out in less than an hour.  At least it was sunny.  Poor to fair WROD conditions with people going fast, people going slow, everything.  Snow is inconsistent and downright hard in some spots.  I didn't see rocks in the main part of the run but I still took minor scrapy rock damage somehow.