Note to New Members ×

WTF 2020. 1/17 through 2/1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

snowreport: thu aug 29, 2019
howdy all

well... no snow yet, but it has been a really nice summer weather wise, but for me it has not been

a good summer, but it has gotten better. went up the hill to pay for my pass so I am ready and

looking forward for this up coming season. I am glad Cuban and shred are staying longer this year.

it will be fun riding with them and I hope others drop by and ride with us... WTF 2020... ski you laters...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

snowreport: tue sep 24, 2019
howdy all

a few days ago it was really nice warm summer days and Monday was the autumn equinox and

today a little cooler. forecast in the coming days is some rain and snow in the higher elevations.

I am still hoping for warmer days and more paddling in the river with the fall colors. the colors

are just starting to turn and this early cold might spoil the beautiful colors and turns things brown.

I am starting to think about riding and thinking about all the gear set-ups... 73 more days...

spacer.png

• Like 1

snowreport: sat sep 28, 2019
howdy all

no rain or snow in our area, but high winds and the artic chill... the mountain got a dusting high up...

stronger winds and dumping snow is forecasted in the next couple of days...

got most of my yard work done so I am ready... bring it!...

spacer.png

• Like 1

snowreport: sat oct 05, 2019
howdy all

well... so much for the big wind event on Sunday and Monday (sep, 29,30)… it was calm and cold...

east of the Rockies got four feet of snow this past Saturday and we only got a dusting on the big...

forecast is a little cooler than normal this week... not much fun, but relaxing...

• 4 weeks later...

snowreport: mon oct 28, 2019
howdy all

started to snow very early this morning and it is now 11:11am and there is 3 inches here in town.

the wind is picking up and blowing the snow off the trees. heard a few weeks ago that the humps

for the new alpine slide on chair 6 will be left there and covered up. seems stupid and we will see

how it will change the run. chair 6 is a good warm up and test gear set-up area, but not enough

pitch to really get going... today's high is 32 degrees and tonight is forecasted at 6 degrees and

tomorrows high is 28. burrrrr!... 39 more days... yeah!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

snowreport: tue nov 12, 2019
howdy all

it has been kinda on the nice side since my last post and did some walking and bike rides to get

the legs in shape. the roads were clear of snow and the mountain snow was drying up, but today

it started to snow about noon and dumped just over an inch here in town in four hours. pulled the

gear out and need to put them together and get all the stuff ready to rock and roll... 24 more days...

forecast next week is in the mid 40's with some rain/snow... hey! old man winter... wake up!... 

snowreport: sun nov 17, 2019
howdy all

well it is not looking good. the snow all melted and it has been nice and went for my daily walks, but

today woke up with with the sound of dripping water outside and it supposed to rain the next few days.

it is snowing on the summit, but rain at the baselodge. forecast is mid to upper 40's till Tuesday and

there is only 19 more days till opening. crossing my fingers and hoping for the best...

• 2 weeks later...

snowreport: fri dec 06, 2019
howdy all

opening day!!!... great spring skiing... it has been very warm this past week with some rain here in town.

foggy halfway up and slowly lifts then good vis after 11am. not too busy early and crowds slowly builds.

it really felt like a spring day, the snow was getting slushy and the high traffic areas was getting packed

down like an ice rink. my first run with my squirrely little board I felt a little uneasy with the old straps

and felt like my set-up was going to explode into little pieces. got comfortable after a few runs and

worked the old legs. only chair 7 and 5 and t-bar2 was open on the backside and chair 3 on the front.

snow was wet and kinda heavy and I did a couple endos in the heavy powder. coverage is very thin

and there was alot of pine tops sticking out on the lower sections. everybody was in a great mood

didn't seem to care about the crappy conditions, but just glad to be making turns. tomorrow is the

first weekend and I might stay home to avoid the crowds. we should get some snow Saturday night

so Sunday might be a go... good to be making turns again...

rode the amp5 from 9 till 1...

Edited by west carven
  • Like 3

snowreport: sun dec 08, 2019
howdy all

stayed home and slept all day yesterday and did not know anything about the condition on the hill.

got up very early this morning and heard some dripping outside so wasn't to psyched to go up. my

alarm went off at 7am and checked the webcams and it looked foggy and soggy so back to sleep.

got up about 9:30am and it was dumping icy rain and trying to snow with just a dusting then the sun

comes out and starts to melt the snow. it was looking good so up to the hill and got on snow at noon.

there were lots of people downloading as I was going up. the snow all chopped up but was good and

dry and there was still some good patches of untracked pow. the clouds cleared and it was blue sky

most of the afternoon, it turned out to be a really nice day. the new snow covered the pine tops, but

still had to watch for them. the snow is still soft and dug into some deep trenches, it will be awhile till

the carving gets good... today was fun just cruising around...

rode the amp5 from 12 till 4...

snowreport: mon dec 09, 2019
howdy all

no new snow and yesterdays pow got groomed down into nice smooth cords. should have brought

the hardboots cause I was pushing the little board to it's limit. high overcast and a little fog on the

summit with slightly cooler temps made for a great groomer day. still on the backside, but it is plenty

for this out of shape old man. took a long break and chatted with the regulars whom I haven't seen

since last season. was a fun day and took it easy and made some good turns. forecast is some

snow on Wednesday and more on Thursday. we need three to four feet to open the frontside...

rode the amp5 from 9 till 1...

snowreport: tue dec 10, 2019
howdy all

crap! my right ankle got swollen last night and could not put any pressure on it. thought it might be

gout again, but yesterday there was hardly anyone on the hill so carved hard on the little board and

hyper extended my right foot on heelside. on heelside my toes are bent back near my shin and there

was a few times I lost an edge and my right foot gets pulled in funny ways. my boot is a noodle so

there is no support... I am sure today was a great carving day and I was going to ride the hardboots.

forecast is a little snow on Wednesday and more on Thursday... feeling better and can walk on it...

will rest tomorrow and hope I can ride on Thursday's pow day...

did not ride today...

• Like 1

snowreport: wed dec 18, 2019
howdy all

well, back on snow, chair 1 opened on Saturday and chair 2 opened on Monday and no new snow

for awhile and the runs are littered with pine tops and bushes sticking out. the runs on the front

really should not be open. took it easy and rode the backside. went down silvertip and it was not

groomed, (wtf)… lazy bastards!... we need a really good dump of at least a foot of snow to make

things good on the front. the forecast is some snow late Thursday night and Friday and thru the

weekend with slightly warmer temps with rain/snow in the valley. so far not the best and a very

slow start. I did not miss much this past week cause the conditions are still very early. my foot

feels a lot better and need go up and get the rest of me into shape... made some good turns...

rode the 165amt from 9 till 1...

snowreport: thu dec 19, 2019
howdy all

lightly snowing all morning and foggy. colder temps with a light wind. I am staying away from chair 2

and did a few on chair 6 till chair 1 opens then only stayed on the backside. the fog slowly moves lower

through out the morning. snow was chewed up funky and bumpy with some new mixed in. not the best

conditions and just making laps to work the legs. fog get lower near the village and it is time to call it.

forecast is a good dump tonight... we will see...

rode the 165amt from 9 till 1...

snowreport: fri dec 20, 2019
howdy all

seven inch powder day!, yeah right... "worst powder day ever". with a huge pacific front moving

thru it brings the warm humid air. it was lightly raining at the village in the morning. the huge powder

hounds gathered early and it was very busy. the first run down ed's was a huge disappointment,

heavy wet and sticky snow made it a challenge to get down. the snow was so bad I was thinking

if I should call it after the first run. thought the summit and backside might be better, but it was not.

did one run down the backside and it was a little better, but with the huge crowds I decided to

call it. going down toni matt was a struggle with the fog and the snow... warmer temps and the

holiday crowds this weekend will keep me home this weekend...

rode the 152wfs from 9 till 11...

snowreport: sun dec 22, 2019
howdy all

feels like a nice spring day. super high overcast in the morning then the sun comes out by noon

and it is a beautiful day. the snow conditions is another story, bad grooming and firm ice on chair 2

and lower mountain. the backside was good, but we are really hurting for snow. the look and feel

of the big really feels like the end of the season. I only did the first two hours then the sun came

out and I don't know how soft/slushy it got in the afternoon. should be firm ice in the morning.

the crowds slowly builds and it was time to leave...

rode the 157fp from 9 till 11...