Note to New Members ×

Brian Head Resort, UT ??

barryj

i might take a position in southern UT at Cedar City, which  looks like 40 minutes to Brian Head....... looks pretty good for carving from the website trail map

Any you guys ride it and got the beta??   A good place for pow?   family mellow uncrowded mtn. or tourist destination crowded??

Any other relatively close resort choices from Cedar City?? 

I rode there years ago, was an excellent place. The rock looks really good against the snow. Like anywhere, how good it is will depend on how good the snow is. I don't restrict myself to carving, so for that I'm not sure, but it was a really good place with few tourists from what I recall.

With less then a 4 hour drive you have multiple options in Utah and Colorado. Brian Head had a good year this year but most years low precipitation and warm weather make it a very short season. I have many friends who drive down from salt lake during good snow years/snow storms because the terrain is good and crowds are relatively low. When the jet stream splits during mid winter salt lake area misses alot of storms and Brian head is the winner in that scenario.