Note to New Members ×

What would you do on this skate park feature?

Dan

I was on vacation on the southern Oregon coast last week, and while eating pie in Reedsport saw a skate park across the street. I wandered over to take a look and found this tiny coastal town has what may be the gnarliest feature I've seen in a skate park. I guess those rails are to keep you from going over the edge, not for grinding on...right? Sadly, the only person riding when I was there was on a Razor scooter and didn't hit this feature. 

skate1.jpg

skate2.jpg

Edited by Dan

3 minutes ago, JRAZZ said:

“What would you do on this skate park feature?”

probably break a wrist. 

A wrist would be getting off easy! My wife said "they couldn't build this in Portland because we have too many lawyers there". 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

There’s any number of videos showing guys looping that feature, or ones very similar to it. Subscribe to Thrasher’s instagram and have your eyes opened at the level of skating going on right now. Guys like Pedro Barros and Ronnie Sandoval are amazingly aggressive, fast and stylish. 

5 hours ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

There’s any number of videos showing guys looping that feature, or ones very similar to it. Subscribe to Thrasher’s instagram and have your eyes opened at the level of skating going on right now. Guys like Pedro Barros and Ronnie Sandoval are amazingly aggressive, fast and stylish. 

The looping, I get, though the approach to this one seems tricky. It's the prospect of what you could do off the top of it, and those tempting/scary rails that piqued my interest. 

Speaking of skate tricks on a loop, did you guys see this?