snowburn

Plate vs. No Plate?

16 hours ago, lordmetroland said:

I'm totally confused by this. Do you mean that I can't seek a refund if the leg-breaking is not to my satisfaction? Or if the leg in question fails to stay broken? Or are you suggesting I cannot petition for money back from my Holy and Omnipotent Creator if the leg is broken in the first place? This, of course, is ridiculous, because an Omnipotent Creator would never produce an imperfect leg in the first place, making it clear that the break is my responsibility. Snowboarding is hard...

All of the above, obviously.

Edit: sorry tuned out half way through that epic paragraph. Got through it this time. One might believe you're over thinking things. But all in all yes, God and stuff and things. Amen. 

Edited by daveo

@lordmetroland should ride with a plate. Beyond an isolation plate's obvious benefits, they also enable the rider to board and ponder the mysteries of the universe at the same time. Snowboarding is hard, philosophy ..... I'll have to think about that.

On 6/11/2019 at 7:39 AM, lowrider said:

Your on dangerous ground here buddy this is sounding very religeous.

sent you a PM about something else dude

That right there is taking snowboard suspension and isolation to a whole `nother level...

Edited by big mario

On 6/8/2019 at 6:54 PM, Jack M said:

I would recommend either the Donek AF or Apex X over any Vist gen-1 type plates.

Jack....are  you saying that if I love my UPM BP V2 4mm lite....and I Do!    ....that I'm gonna be OMG!!! with a UPM Donek or Vist plate??

I have a set of Hangl plates that I pulled off a used Prior wcrm metal a few years ago because they made the board seem too heavy without helping my riding.  Anyone here have an opinion as to whether it would be worth it to put them back on next season?   

Never ridden a Hangl but I love plates and prefer to ride a plate vs no plate except for all mountain style riding. 

On 6/16/2019 at 9:12 PM, barryj said:

Jack....are  you saying that if I love my UPM BP V2 4mm lite....and I Do!    ....that I'm gonna be OMG!!! with a UPM Donek or Vist plate??

I never rode the 4mm lite, but I felt the 5mm V1 was too stiff in every way. Your plate sounds like it might be more like an Apex X, just taller. So I’d say my answer to your question is no. And I don’t think a UPM Vist plate exists.