Note to New Members ×

Ski boots in hard boot bindings?

JKarve

I have really wide feet.

My Deeluxe 325s were so painful I had to sell them (and then my other gear because I was moving).

I  have since acquired some custom fit ski boots that fit like a dream.

I want to get back into carving and thought I might use the ski boots but all the binding descriptions say that they won't fit the ski boot shapes.

Is that a liability thing for the manufacturers or if I bought some F2 bindings, would my ski boots work in them?

Thoughts?

Ski boots will fit into a standard SB hard boot binding. Main issues are getting the ankle flex right (tends to be too stiff) and you might have to play with the exact shape of the bail a bit to fit the contour of the toe of the boot.

UPZ boots are a better choice than Deeluxe boots for wide feet.

As they said... I've used ski boots in the original F2/Proflex bindings, and again this season I'm using AT (ski) boots in the current gen F2 non-step-in-bindings. They work fine, the fit's actually better with the new bindings than the old ones, not sure why, but it's fine.

It works but from my limited experience id say its an acquired taste. I ride in Head advantage 95's they have very little ankle flex, any flex is the shell deforming but this how i actually like even my softboots. I tend to move everything from the knee down as one solid unit rather flexing my ankles as nerve damage from when i was kid means big moments and muscles are easier to control than small ones
 20170821_140425.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...