Note to New Members ×

Thinking of buying a Capita DOA and need help!

D0lphan72

I have the option to buy a potentially really nice board and need advice. Someone is selling a lightly used 158W Capita DOA with union force bindings (are these good bindings?) burton mittens, and a burton bag. I offered them $250 for it and am awaiting negotiations (I’ll probably end up agreeing to $300)

I am 5’11, 170 LBs, and have an 11 shoe size. I have been boarding 3 times in my life (all last season) and plan on going A LOT in the future (I live in N.C. but will be taking trips out west for powder.) 

I want a board that’s just, simply good at everything. I plan on doing generic carving and progressing to some more park work as I get more skilled (I’m definitely getting better) is this a good all around board where I can control myself in carving and also at high speeds? I also want it to be good for jumps and park work. The board looks to be in very good shape (He said it was only taken out 5 times)

Ps. He has the board set up so the right foot is the front foot, I am a left-front rider. Can I take them out and mess with them to make myself comfortable? Also, what do I need to look for when inspecting this to make sure it's in good shape.

Update: he just said he’d do 300 but he’s throwing in a pair of size 11 thirty two doublea boots, bubble snowboard anti fog glasses, and billabong pants and a coat too. So more loot than I expected (I could keep the boots or sell them and buy new, not sure what to do)

With that board: Jack of all trades, master of none. It probably would be hard to control if you really got some real speed, especially over choppy junk. Way easier for tricks than a stiff board though. I wouldn't go out of my way to carve on that thing.

And yes, you can take the bindings out. Don't use their stance, try to find your own. You can watch plenty of youtube videos on it.