Note to New Members ×

Broken Stuff...

slopestar

It seems the harder/better I get at pushing the carving limits of my softboot equipment the more failures I have. If I had to replace an entire binding every time I broke a part, I’d own stock at Flow/nidecker. Love the bindings but dang! I’m breaking a forged aluminum high back every couple of weeks

9 hours ago, slopestar said:

It seems the harder/better I get at pushing the carving limits of my softboot equipment the more failures I have. If I had to replace an entire binding every time I broke a part, I’d own stock at Flow/nidecker. Love the bindings but dang! I’m breaking a forged aluminum high back every couple of weeks

Stick with it man, there is light at the end of that tunnel.

• Thanks 1

I did not have luck with the NX2 GT aluminum heel cups & was torqueing the hell out of them when riding.  Bent one on the second day of riding.   I sent them back & have been sticking with the standard NX2 & the NX2 CX.   I've had a couple of years on the standard NX2's & the only issue I have had with them are the rivets for the ratchet pulling out.   Flow replaced them with no issue (took a couple of weeks, but I had other straps  from older flows that I swapped in).     

2 hours ago, daveo said:

I played around with the CX in a shop not too long ago and it seems super strong actually. 

Stiffest in the flow line by far also I thought

I only had about 14 days on the CX's at the end of this season & I like them a lot.   We will se how the hold up to a full season next year!

On 4/25/2019 at 6:46 PM, slopestar said:

It seems the harder/better I get at pushing the carving limits of my softboot equipment the more failures I have.

I dont run flows but I feel you on this sentiment the better i get the more force i generate and put through the boots bindings and board. Bindings generally i find are the weak link for the most part so ive had to get very creative in terms of fixes and modifications.
717AKa9.jpg
fP94pqA.jpg
NW1R8OA.jpg

4 hours ago, softbootsurfer said:

I get 100's of days with my 3 straps, do have to occasionally change a strap from wear and do have to pay attention with the Highback locked in the up position...only alpine stance though, just sayin   

I’m thinking of going back to Nylon or whatever plastic high back that flow has. The fusion? Whatever. A little flex is probably a good thing? Rigid creates destructive forces? Who knows. I break stuff. I’m used to it I guess. Bindings are the weak link. Finding the most ridged interface that still has some give... 

45 minutes ago, slopestar said:

I’m thinking of going back to Nylon or whatever plastic high back that flow has. The fusion? Whatever. A little flex is probably a good thing? Rigid creates destructive forces? Who knows. I break stuff. I’m used to it I guess. Bindings are the weak link. Finding the most ridged interface that still has some give... 

Love my Flow NX2 with Fusion straps.  I don't notice much flex, but then again you've got a few burgers on me.  It's still nothing like my old Burtons and Morrows though.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:16 PM, lowrider said:

Would i be out of line to suggest that riding duck requires or encourages peddling more so than forward alpine stance hence the binding fatigue.

Nope, not at all, where the flows hinge the higher the angle I’m guessing the higher the uneven load on the frame instead of mostly even on the cable. The cable is what is supposed to be carrying the load, evenly, pretty much in the middle of the highback.

On 4/26/2019 at 8:39 AM, Neil Gendzwill said:

Do they keep replacing them?  Maybe their designers need to get some feedback from you.

I have worked with Lucien for many years. And received 3 pairs of free NX2’s a year before they were released to the public.  At which time I was also given lots of spare parts. This was before the buy out by nidecker.