Note to New Members ×

Timberline Spring Pass

Keenan

It was good today although a bit on the warm side.  Boilerplate for the first hour (rained yesterday) then carvable for about an hour and a half.  It was just starting to get grabby at 11:30 when I left.  Temps are supposed to drop in a couple of days.  Conditions are looking good for our mini session April 28-30.

Spring Lift Schedule

Our scheduled hours of operation (subject to change) for Spring 2019 are as follows:

Lift hours are 9am to 3pm

Palmer is open! Weather permitting, it will operate daily

Magic Mile will be open daily, weather permitting

Timberline’s five terrain parks are open daily, 9/10am - 2:30/3pm

Bruno’s will be open Sat/Sun through April 28

Jeff Flood Express will run through April 28

Norms estimated closing date is May 19

Phlox Point Cabin has officially closed for the season.

Get your Spring Pass by May 12th and use through May 27th! It costs less than the price of two lift tickets. Summer Pass ($899) goes on sale May 6th.

Timberline Summer Snow Camps begin with Freestyle Day Camp on June 10th and Family Race Camp on June 14th. LEARN MORE

Please check our Conditions page for daily updates!

Octavio will be in Spain and Igor is going to be windsurfing in Maui, so you guys are stuck with just me -- I'll be there on Sunday for sure. A little on the fence about ticket vs. pass because I'm not so sure I'm getting back up to Timberline this season, but we'll see how the spirit moves me. 

Spring pass in name only. It’s mid-20s, snowing and blowing here at T-line today. 

Magic mile and Palmer are closed due to wind.  Conditions are pretty good down low, Flood is running today and tomorrow, then shut down for the rest of the year. 

Forecast for Sunday looks good, clearing up and wind should die down. 

Bluebird and A+ firm carving conditions at T-line yesterday, great riding with Jburk, Mark M and Mark S, and Keenan! I should have taken advantage of the opportunity to sample Mark's carload of demo boards, but I was having so much fun on my Superconductor that I couldn't bring myself to get off the hill to swap bindings. Hope you guys have fun today and tomorrow, I wish I had gotten some photos yesterday!

• 4 weeks later...

The forecast looks like today is the only day this week (last week of spring pass) that it isn't raining.  I went up.  It sucked.  Worst grooming that I've seen in years. 2 runs and done.  No one should be jealous.

John and other NW hard booters— thought I’d say hello.  Pretty new to this social media stuff, but I’ve been enjoying learning through a number of the threads.  To those I don’t know, I’m Josh and have ridden a couple times (far less than I’d like) with John this Winter at Meadows.  I’m pretty much a fixture up there with 2 kids on racing teams (ski).  

Love to get up and carve some with you guys up at Timberline.  My kids have several weeks of ski camps there this Summer.  Spring pass may be a bit rich for me this year as I sprung for a Meadows Gold Pass, but had one of my best days on a Father’s Day at Timberline a year or two ago.

Welcome aboard, Jschindler! Always nice to see a new carver here / on the hill. I'm done for this season due to some back issues (John can tell you about that, LOL, he had to open my bindings for me one day because I couldn't bend over that far) - I'm focusing on recovery and rehab so I can get back on the snow next season. I'll hope to see you at Meadows this winter, I had a pretty tragic season this year (maybe 10 days), and hoping to do better next season. 

What part of town are you in? 

Sorry to hear about your back, Dan.  Had mine operated on 3 years ago and about 17 years ago.  Seems good now.

I live in Portland near the Japanese Tea Garden, but we have a house in Hood River and are there most weekends.  I never seem to stop boarding as my kids drag me up to Palmer, but they are in training camps this year so I can skip it.  Expensive hassle for 1-2 hours of reasonable boarding between the ice and slush.  I mostly windsurf now through Fall.

Love to hook up.  My e-mail is schindlj@ohsu.edu if you ever want to swap numbers and meet up for a beer.  John has my contact info as well.

Josh

On 6/1/2019 at 4:19 PM, JSchindler said:

Sorry to hear about your back, Dan.  Had mine operated on 3 years ago and about 17 years ago.  Seems good now.

I live in Portland near the Japanese Tea Garden, but we have a house in Hood River and are there most weekends.  I never seem to stop boarding as my kids drag me up to Palmer, but they are in training camps this year so I can skip it.  Expensive hassle for 1-2 hours of reasonable boarding between the ice and slush.  I mostly windsurf now through Fall.

Love to hook up.  My e-mail is schindlj@ohsu.edu if you ever want to swap numbers and meet up for a beer.  John has my contact info as well.

Josh

Hey Josh! Fortunately, I think my issue can be corrected with PT and yoga, no surgery required - it's just a badly strained back muscle. I was wondering about carpooling, since there are a couple of carvers in SE Portland, but sounds like you'll be coming from Hood River anyway. 

It would be great to get folks together sometime this summer for a beer - let's see if we can align schedules once more consistent warm weather is here.