Note to New Members ×

Slalom or 160-ish tight turning board.

Emdee406

Just want to see what’s out there...

I’m on the hunt for either an SG 163 or possibly a Coiler Angryy... I want something tight turning and those would be my first choices. 

I currently own a Kessler 162, which I like...but I LOVED the SGs I tried, more 🤷🏾‍♂️

I’d also be up for trading the Kessler, for the right board too...

Failing that, I’ll put in an Angryy order with Bruce, but as he’s slowing down production, the earliest I’ll get it is probably a year from now. 

Thanks  

Edited by Emdee406
Omission

Note that the Angry and a modern SL board are worlds apart.  The Angry (or Doenk MK) freecarve boards are very eager to finish turns to keep speed in check.  The SL boards need some convincing to finish turns in comparison. 

In general; you want the Angry (or MK) if you want to go slower and make lots of turns, and you want an SL board if you want to go faster and make only as many turns as you want to.  Both are fun, just different applications.  Best to get both!  😉  

• Thanks 1

On 4/24/2019 at 11:48 AM, Corey said:

Note that the Angry and a modern SL board are worlds apart.  The Angry (or Doenk MK) freecarve boards are very eager to finish turns to keep speed in check.  The SL boards need some convincing to finish turns in comparison. 

In general; you want the Angry (or MK) if you want to go slower and make lots of turns, and you want an SL board if you want to go faster and make only as many turns as you want to.  Both are fun, just different applications.  Best to get both!  😉  

I totally agree! I’m thinking I might order an Angryy from Bruce for tight, finished turns and steeps, and find a second hand SG for actual gates 🤔 

Edited by Emdee406
Omission

I have an Angry and a SG full Race 157 (SG is a loaner from a friend this season).

The SG was a revelation to ride. I had no trouble finishing turns and found it surprisingly very versatile. I don't know how different the 157 and 163 are. The Angry and SG have distinctly different feel, both fun as hell. The SG seemed to recover gracefully on it's own from just about any situation I put it into. This thing would carve tight if pushed. 

I found the Angry very easy to break out of a carve at almost any point in the turn if so desired. The rounded tail corners seem to help that along. 

There's my 2 cents

• Thanks 1