Note to New Members ×

Alpine Snowboard Institute - kimcarving blog

SunSurfer

3 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

Absolutely. No one will ride with you!

I see what you did there.

No one already rides with me. The new plate system is going to be a whole new level of personality disorder for me. Sweet. 

2 hours ago, workshop7 said:

How do you even get out of a turn with stack height like that?!

Watch me be the first to just do toeside full circle carves all the way down the mountain.

On 4/15/2019 at 6:32 AM, lowrider said:

Are you Ok ! redrun  redrun redrun redrun redrun redrun

I have to explain, this is not my creation. It is the last photographic evidence of one of the last projects the genious behind Bomber was working on before he totally lost his mind and thought he could move entire solar fields to follow the sun using only the power of the sun:eek: Was he ahead of his time? Time will tell.

Some theorize it was a cry for help or a protest about the direction of snowboard design. I think the stack height alone is symbolic of both a fear and longing of isolation or maybe just the desire to feel nothing.

• Haha 2

That monster was HEAVY!  I think Fin was planning to ride it but the 4x4 bolts through the stack of e-rings were going to be under some serious bending load.  

It was part of an ultimate board build-off competition.  Donek made a seriously light board, Virus made some cool prototype, Coiler presented (after a few too many drinks) one of Shred's crazy stealth-boards with a straight-line-segment sidecut, and someone who we'll only call 'Ron' (to protect his identity) may or may not have used smoke flares to make first tracks more interesting.  

Man, I miss those crazy SES banquet competitions!  

• Like 2