Note to New Members ×

Ohhhhh jeez, more new old hardboots

bobdea

I didn't read through all these posts, but regarding the Northwave,  several years ago I talked to a Canadian Alpine coach who had been hording all the old yellow boots he could get his hands on, and I asked him why.

One reason was that the location of the ankle pivot was better positioned. 

Another was the stiffness of the plastic was consistant in varying temps.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Few thoughts:

If these are cheaper than 951 retail in Korea, that's gonna be a major economic factor for these boots. From the development process it does not seem to be a copy after 951, there is some overlap during development.

I'd be interested in looking at usage of aftermarket liners in Korea, in China there is none available, so people just keep switching to other boots hoping to have less pain (which will almost never happen). In Korea I know there is distribution for Zipfit and Intuition, but if the whole idea of this boot is to alleviate pain in the feet, then I'm afraid it's just another one people will cycle through every season.

Edited by pauleleven

Just now, pauleleven said:

Few thoughts:

If these are cheaper than 951 retail in Korea, that's gonna be a major economic factor for these boots. From the development process it does not seem to be a copy after 951, there is some overlap during development.

I'd be interested in looking at usage of aftermarket liners in Korea, in China there is none available, so people just keep switching to other boots hoping to have less pain (which will almost never happen). In Korea I know there is distribution for Zipfit and Intuition, but if the whole idea of this boot is to alleviate pain in the feet, then I'm afraid it's just another one people will cycle through every season.

Can you explain this supreme wisdom about price and economic factors?