Note to New Members ×

T-plate. Anyone know about this product?

Mr_Orange

Anyone heard of this plate or anything similar? 

One their site it says the rods give you extra pop in your turns (you have to google translate): http://t-platejapan.com/history.html

This is a video of someone riding it: 

Another video.

Wouldn't this be just like have carbon stringers built into your board?

Maybe having the split right down the binding center allows you board to bend symmetrically regardless of your binding angle.

I think they might accomplish something similar to Gecko plates, by spreading out the footprint of the binding and reducing the board's tendency to fold right at the front edge of the front binding and back edge of the back binding.  They seem a little soft though.  I'm not getting the point of several of the possible configurations in the 3rd video.  I don't think these or Geckos could be duplicated or approximated with carbon stringers in the board.

Eww, looks like a half assed version of the f2 riser plate they made for BX. 

It was made of rubber, heavy, was uncomfortable at low speeds, heavy, i was worried about longevity of the rubber, did I mention how heavy it was? 

all that said when you were hauling ass on them they really did work. 

Yep I've seen these around and I've seen a few people riding them. No one I personally know though. Never thought much of them, always thought they were too soft to do anything. Like standing on a piece of jelly.

After reviewing their site, actually there seems to be a few ways to stiffen up the plate. Still I'm not sold, personally. Sometimes I think Japanese just do something because they can, without much actual thought process behind it. Kind of like how in the vid they showed all the different configuration options. Like square jelly, H shape jelly, H shape jelly with square jelly on top... 

http://t-platejapan.com/products.html

I think a better system would be the Vist Duo plates in a softboot width. 

Edited by daveo
Typo

8 hours ago, Shred Gruumer said:

Why don't you just make a better board in the first place? 

Agreed, but it's something someone can try to make their existing freeride board more carvey.  It's probably a lot less than a new board.