Note to New Members ×

Carver on Mountain Cam

Jack M

Is anyone at Loaf this week? Pic from Sunday posted today? Heard there was a four pack of rut makers Sunday morning. Some skier had to complain about my ruts.. softies on a firm sunny Monday afternoon, end of day. Hardbooting tomorrow. 

Edited by dhamann

Cool photo Jack -

Our local hill Bridger Bowl does a daily video and I just saw that I made it on a few days ago. This was apparently shot from above with a drone. It's a very steep pitch that requires the rider to get the turn done in a hurry so as not to get going too quickly. Fun stuff. Riding the custom K168. My segment is about 30 seconds in.

dave

https://youtu.be/GEbAJ28nak0

Edited by David Kirk
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, dhamann said:

Is anyone at Loaf this week? Pic from Sunday posted today? Heard there was a four pack of rut makers Sunday morning. Some skier had to complain about my ruts.. softies on a firm sunny Monday afternoon, end of day. Hardbooting tomorrow. 

Pic was taken this fine Monday morning.  Four pack yesterday was Geoff, @AlexJ, @trailertrash, and myself.  Were you there??  We are gone though, back to our desk jobs.  Big thaw on Friday followed by a freeze.  Saturday was pretty bad.  Sunday was ok, plates helped.  Today was surprisingly good but still firm.  US Alpine Championships speed events are here, I heard a chair of female racers say "dope turns" :biggthump  Weather was spectacular.

@David Kirk, good job representing!

• Like 1

@Jack M nice. Bummer I missed you all. Made the commute today. Here til Thursday. I'll do what I can to hold down the trenching for you guys. Firm is right btw. Better than mount snow on Saturday though. Eeks. PSA: Never go there on a weekend with plans to ski/ride. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dhamann said:

Every Sunday and Monday now that Feb is done with. Don’t think I managed to ride in feb more than sneaking in a run on my way by when heading downcountry. 

Trying to talk the family into riding in the AM tomorrow. 

I’m ususually in softboots these days so I’m harder to spot. If you see a coiler with similar dimensions to a door that’s how you find me. 

Other way to find me is seeing a guy on a coiler hollering to his kid to get up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jack M said:

Pic was taken this fine Monday morning.  Four pack yesterday was Geoff, @AlexJ, @trailertrash, and myself.  Were you there??  We are gone though, back to our desk jobs.  Big thaw on Friday followed by a freeze.  Saturday was pretty bad.  Sunday was ok, plates helped.  Today was surprisingly good but still firm.  US Alpine Championships speed events are here, I heard a chair of female racers say "dope turns" :biggthump  Weather was spectacular.

@David Kirk, good job representing!

Yeah, there’s some serious skier talent there this week! 

Got passed by a gaggle of skier girls on Sunday when I though I was hot doggin’ they were insane made me realize how slow I was going. 

On 3/19/2019 at 8:04 AM, David Kirk said:

Cool photo Jack -

Our local hill Bridger Bowl does a daily video and I just saw that I made it on a few days ago. This was apparently shot from above with a drone. It's a very steep pitch that requires the rider to get the turn done in a hurry so as not to get going too quickly. Fun stuff. Riding the custom K168. My segment is about 30 seconds in.

dave

https://youtu.be/GEbAJ28nak0

Very cool, looks like a nice run, #carversreprazeeeeent 

On 3/18/2019 at 9:18 PM, dhamann said:

Cool. Green jacket. Spillway/sluice. King pine early likelihood too. White K180 

Right under King pine was interesting early on, not what I’d call super carvy but was fun as hell. 

8 hours ago, bobdea said:

Right under King pine was interesting early on, not what I’d call super carvy but was fun as hell.  

musta missed ya. only saw a younger rider straight lining haulback. all i found was a cover up layer of frozen granular that just won't hold or stick to the frozen surface below. maybe more fun on softies, but i kept riding that thin line of blow outs on almost every turn. held a few turns better over on the ungroomed. going with softies today. hoping to have more fun and less frustrations than yesterday.

14 minutes ago, Jack M said:

The whole King Pine area is usually not good for carving because they groom it last and it never has time to set up.  It's almost always loose.

Yup, too bad too. There’s some potential over there. Was still fun as hell though. Kinda felt like top notch spring corn but faaaaaaast. 

1 hour ago, dhamann said:

musta missed ya. only saw a younger rider straight lining haulback. all i found was a cover up layer of frozen granular that just won't hold or stick to the frozen surface below. maybe more fun on softies, but i kept riding that thin line of blow outs on almost every turn. held a few turns better over on the ungroomed. going with softies today. hoping to have more fun and less frustrations than yesterday.

I ended up on my stubby as it was colder and hardboots are easier to get on if the boots are cold. Rolled my ankle one too many times over the years. Pretty glad I left them in the car

Day of the year. Almost. Nothing like that day last spring Jack but still great. Met up with a stellar crew. Got yelled at by sledneck/patrol for limbo on boardwalk. Ran a few gates. Thanks Dan!?! Spillway sucked again but we still slayed it. Last groom Saturday? Gondi ran good later in the day. Chopped up middle of day. Flume is pure ice. Not even boiler. Ice. Comp, hay hey hay, kings, sluice all nICE. Softening up. Kinda. 

• Like 1