Note to New Members ×

softboot plate stuff. ALL SOLD

dhamann

gecko stealth black bumpers/screws/5mm insert extensions. never used. (105 USD package) asking 75+shipping

bomber power plate kit. 3* and 0* cants. blue/purple erings. used approximately 125 times. asking 125+shipping. see how that works?

SOLD power plates

Edited by dhamann

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Fnhaoleguy said:

Are the Geckos still available?

No. I ride them with 10mm insert extensions and rubber bumpers. The 5mm insert extensions and black plastic bumpers what came with the stealths is what is up for grabs. 

some initial thoughts i had last year after riding the gecko cross plates in the thread above^^^^^ (btw, only the carve gecko plates fit alpine boards. the cross didn't fit a 20cm board. the bumpers hung over the edges. i don't know specifically, but i'd guess a 24cm might be a minimum waist. that spec is probably on the apex site somewhere, or you could ask. the carves have a minimum width too. might not fit an MK or a skinnier virus board for example... not that you'd want to put the carve plates on every board. just saying.)

after riding the cross plates, i now prefer only riding the 10mm red bumpers since i guess i'm used to riding the gecko plates now. i also use the 10mm red bumpers with the stealth's. yes, this is an added cost to needing 10mm insert extensions because the gecko stealths come with 5mm insert extensions and plastic bumpers (what is for sale above). i've heard the plastic bumpers have fallen out from some other riders when riding aggressively resulting in excessive chatter and didn't know if anyone could use some extra's which is why i put them up for sale here. the 10mm bumpers work better for me with size 12 (mondo 30) boots... even though i have wide boards etc i still like to have my heels/toes pretty much right over the edges. quicker edge to edge. the rise helps with increased angulation and to dig deeper ruts for skiers to fall into as well as with dampening. somewhat of a balance/trade-off, given personal preferences.

power plates are a good plate to start with if you can get em for a good deal. they do rail! for me they were just too heavy after riding them for a few years (then stepping into gecko's), have seven screws per binding, plus four binding screws. i just got sick of dealing with em... especially removing every time to wax/tune, checking tightness of screws/bolts, changing boards, etc. really too complicated/hassle with getting more cants/rubber erings/2nd board kit, etc. geckos do not have a canting option, but softboots flex easier than hardboots so i think canting is not really needed. its just a gimmick for softboot marketing if you ask me. a little mental reinforcement too.

best of luck on your selection. there's plenty of info on this site, but you honestly gotta try em out for yourself. what works for someone else, might not work for you.

• Thanks 1