Note to New Members ×

Forerunning fun....

patmoore

The Vermont Academies Snowboard Race was held on Okemo's Wardance race trail yesterday and I was invited to be one of the forerunners.  All the racers were on softboot boards and I rode my 171 Kessler.  In the first run, no one beat my time of 54.27.  In the second run, one of the kids recorded a 53.88.  I was wearing my 70+ Ski Club patch so they knew I'm old enough to be their grandfather.  It was nice to show them what a race board can do.  Hopefully we'll have some converts.  A week from Monday I'll forerun the state HS Snowboard Race.

Edited by patmoore
  • Like 4

We only had ten racers show up for the Connecticut Ski Council State Snowboard Race yesterday but I'm happy with the results.  "When you're over the hill......you pick up speed".

state-snowboard-results.jpg

Edited by patmoore
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How do I get my son in any of these races? I have never even heard of these.

My son curently races USASA at a high level, but more gate time would pull us to whatever mountain has races and coaching for hardbooting.

1 hour ago, TVR said:

How do I get my son in any of these races? I have never even heard of these.

My son curently races USASA at a high level, but more gate time would pull us to whatever mountain has races and coaching for hardbooting.

A significant number of high schools and academies in Vermont have snowboard racing programs  Virtually all of these kids were on softboot setups.  I don't know if you're anywhere near Shawnee Peak but they run a NASTAR program.  They might be amenable to setting one course with stubbies on occasion.  On most Sundays at Okemo in Vermont, I set one course with ski gates and one with stubbies for boarders.   

Jack - do you have any suggestions?