Note to New Members ×

Park City Carving?

Kurt Swanson

On 2/27/2019 at 12:11 PM, TSUNAMIBAY said:

I'm going to be in Park City next week and was wondering what runs people might suggest for carving out there. I'll be riding there Thursday and Monday.

Thanks!

Hi there, I ride at Park City (I instruct there). I’m away on the Monday, but I’ll be around on the Thursday from 9 until midday. I won a staff photo comp, so have to have lunch with the CEO of the resort 🙄

I’d be happy to show you some good spots beforehand though...

@Pythmere might be able to ride with you on the Monday, I think he’s off...

Assessment, Claimjumper, Jonesy’s, Motherlode Meadows down to Pioneer Lift    , Tycoon, Prospector, Treasure Hollow, Silver Queen, Lost Prospector, and whichever of the Signature Runs are groomed  

Let me know. 

Edited by Emdee406
Omission
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Emdee406 said:

Hi there, I ride at Park City (I instruct there). I’m away on the Monday, but I’ll be around on the Thursday from 9 until midday. I won a staff photo comp, so have to have lunch with the CEO of the resort 🙄

I’d be happy to show you some good spots beforehand though...

@Pythmere might be able to ride with you on the Monday, I think he’s off...

Assessment, Claimjumper, Jonesy’s, Motherlode Meadows down to Pioneer Lift    , Tycoon, Prospector, Treasure Hollow, Silver Queen, Lost Prospector, and whichever of the Signature Runs are groomed  

Let me know. 

Bunch of those trails are lots of fun from what I recall from being there a couple years ago. I’ll have to check out the others when I’m there next week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SnowFerret said:

Bunch of those trails are lots of fun from what I recall from being there a couple years ago. I’ll have to check out the others when I’m there next week.

I’ll be out free-riding on the Wednesday, and Thursday morning, teaching on the Saturday. Give me a shout if you want some local knowledge. 

14 hours ago, Emdee406 said:

I’ll be out free-riding on the Wednesday, and Thursday morning, teaching on the Saturday. Give me a shout if you want some local knowledge. 

Will do.

1 hour ago, Pythmere said:

The Park City side is awesome for carving runs. On the canyons Side I quite enjoy Copperhead off of Iron Mountain. The runs on the Canyons side and Park City side were cut by different companies. The PC side was cut by a west coast company so there are a lot of wide runs to rip, on the Canyons side however they were cut by an East Coast company so a lot of the runs are more narrow.

I liked the trails by King Con, Silverlode, and Motherlode lifts on the PC side.  Maybe not the best for carving, but I liked the trails that ran through the various homes on the Canyons side.  Interesting tidbit about the runs on the two sides.