Note to New Members ×

Slalom board dimensions

Wwwon1

I think it really depends on the size of the rider, boot size, and stance angles desired.

I'd be looking for something 168-170 and 23-24 in width.

@Buell and I bookend the average adult male so probably somewhere in the middle... That is if your average. 

Mahalo.

Edited by lonbordin
But he's a hardbooting therefore he's already above average... As are we all... Adjust accordingly.

Longest true slalom board I know is the Nobile 166, for SL it'll be everything below that.

K168, SG 170 those are weird freecarve boards and one of a kind per brand, otherwise everything follows the progression of:

166- for SL board, longer the stiffer

171+ for GS, longer the stiffer

If you're starting out, get like an used slalom board to get a feel for it, stuff like old F2 Speedsters and stuff, get one in your weight range ish. Once you get some time on snow and have a decent technique and preferred style, then choose a new board.

Generally people like GS boards for free-ride, SL board is constantly turning and quite an aerobic exercise, but SL is always easier to learn with. Then each manufacturer makes boards a bit different, like Kessler SL and GS boards always want to go faster and kill you, not great for a beginner; SGs are really solid as far as balance goes; same can be said for Goltes, Nobile, Some Oxess, and the NA board makers.

However, people on this forum love a few boards that are just a dream, some examples Thirst Superconductor, Kessler 168, SG 170, kind of like a magical board that fits in many conditions, which is worth starting with even as a beginner and keep until it breaks. hey @daveo, care to elaborate?