Note to New Members ×

Td2 Stepins vs regular: which is stronger....

brice540iit

Hi guys

I am on my second rear bail failure of the season. (Front foot both times)

Starting to wonder if i should switch to stepins....

Which one is supposed to be stronger?

I knom stepins have less "play".

I bought a new F2 speedster 163 WC, definitely stiffer than my old coiler angry.

Would that be related?

I am 6'1 and 215 lbs wondering what kind of bindings the "big boys" are running here....

Thks for the input!

Edited by brice540iit

If you’re asking which is stiffer, then stepins. But if you mean by “stronger”, “which one will I break less often, if at all”, then stiffer doesn’t necessarily relate to longevity. 

I think the least likely binding to fail due to stress would be the one that has some flexibility designed in and implemented with the burliest materials. 

You might take a look at the SG bindings that upzboots.com is rep’ing in North America. Same basic design as the F2, but   more heavy-duty and with some design improvements. 

Also check out Thirst Snowboards Facebook page, I think he has a set of the SGs on sale that he was showing at MCC. Still brand new, never been out of the box. 

Just checked mine and was surprised to find what looks like a tooling mark on the bail wire about halfway between the eye end and the first bend. Both inside and outside of both heel bails. Not from boot rub - maybe the forming mandrel picked up some damage?

_20190217_165429.JPG

Edited by Lurch
Add info and photo