Note to New Members ×

Montucky Clear CUT Daily Rub In... wish you were here.

dredman

11 minutes ago, JohnE said:

Wow - the tree spacing looks perfect - especially up high.

Up high is where they parked out the trees into glades.  Below the Jeep road(s) is where it goes back to nature.  Still more open even there than a lot of what we have at Whitefish.  You can see the areas marked as glades on their map.

1336419330jpg_render.jpg

24 minutes ago, JohnE said:

Was your run between Powder Mills and Upper Mambo? Looks like great glades. 

Yup, and then on into the trees between Pig Shoot and Lower Mambo.  Came out by the generator.  The gladed areas are spectacular, but the trees are fun even where they didn't clean them up.  Good fall lines through, not fighting blind corners; sets a high bar for other resorts.

7 hours ago, JohnE said:

Was there any carving to be had or did you have to put up with that nasty, white fluffy stuff all week?

We've had a good season here in the Colorado Rockies but I am officially jealous. 

JohnE,

D.T. and I each took first run on days 1 and 4 on carving boards then made the switch to pow playing gear.

You should be officially jealous. The last 3 days were some of the best pow days we have enjoyed in the last decade. So good and sooo much fun. 

Hoping for the same at next years event. 

Ink

• Like 2

Well to follow up with the rub. I was the lucky winner of a custom coiler in the raffle, the question of the day after speaking with Bruce is do i go with the Am or the Monster. I can have the board in march of this year. Thank you Bruce for such an awesome prize. The next question is what top sheet to go with? Wish i was an artist!

On 2/18/2019 at 9:32 PM, snowwjob1 said:

Well to follow up with the rub. I was the lucky winner of a custom coiler in the raffle, the question of the day after speaking with Bruce is do i go with the Am or the Monster. I can have the board in march of this year. Thank you Bruce for such an awesome prize. The next question is what top sheet to go with? Wish i was an artist!

The move to .4mm titanal has made things ride stiffer and more torsionally rigid than before.  I'd suggest the AM core just keep it from ending up too harsh, but then go long and narrow with it to keep the focus on carving.