Note to New Members ×

USASA racing questions

Dw3

Hi there, so i signed up for my first USASA race. Anybody race with them who could tell me about their schedules? I am trying to book flights, rental car and hotel but I cannot find any mention of what time their races or racer meetings are. My plan is to fly in the day before and stay near the event, but I would like to leave in the evening after the race. I just don't know what time they do races. Hopefully they will send me some information but it would be nice to know now. Thanks

Where do you live?  There are USASA series all over the country... while its certainly possible you might have to fly to an event, its also possible you do not.  Seems like a lot for a two-run race non-FIS.  

All schedules, etc. can be found on the USASA website, which has links to every series home page in the country.

That said--best of luck!

Thanks, I'm in Oregon and I want to race. there are currently no scheduled races anywhere around here so I am going to have to travel. I see the schedules (Saturday or Sunday) but not what time anything is going to be  those days.

I would litterally go to usasa.org and click on each location for their schedule, for the places you might want to visit. You will get the best bang for the buck if you look for days where they have 3 or more races, but it is also an exhausting day.

As an example, I will be at the race at Watterville Valley in the NH series with my son, as they will have 2 GS and one SL race that day.

I hope this is helpful, and if you ever plan a NH series, Maine series, or souther vermont series, PM me as I try to make many of those.

Gonna do two races, one on the 9th and one on the 10th, outside Milwaukee... looks like they are about 45 minutes apart so should make for a good weekend. Also thinking of going to Tahoe the 16th, looks like they are doing two races that day(one is rescheduled from earlier in the season)

For the GS and SL races on the 9th at The Rock (Outside Milwaukee, Midwest Best Series), Registration will start at 8:30 or 9:00am on the 9th, with SL inspection about 9:45am. GS inspection around 2:00pm, awards around 5:00pm. The boardercross on the 10th, registration at 8:30, 10:00am course inspection, time trials at 11:15, brackets start at 1:45pm. 

For the Midwest Best Series, download the "Team App" (green emblem with the letter T), and add the "USASA Midwest Best" team. That's where they post all of their schedules/live timing/event updates/etc.

• Like 1

I was doing that 2 years ago and it was pretty cool. Too bad that I was the only one in my age-group and it made it less fun. If it was more competitive I'd join that for sure. Idk if I need active USASA membership (I don't have for this year), but I'm in Chicago and Milwaukee is pretty close here. 

I'm pretty sure there're some "Midwest Best" races this season - check how many people compete in your age group. 

• Like 1

I have to say TLN,, that I often feel the same way... I am in the top of the Ledgends, which means I am old in my class, and often have no one else in there.

I use this as best as I can. It is tough to walk into Nationals and see guys with the same points who can actually race from decades of experience. I find by setting goals, I get enjoyment out of being mid-pack and as long as I improve, it makes it fun..

In full disclosure, my son races so it is actually always fun, but I am talking personally.

Edited by TVR

Thanks, finally downloaded the app, got it all figured out..... only problem I ran Into was after I registered for a race, I realized there are 3 places called “alpine valley”...... I’m not able to get to Michigan on the 10th so I guess I lose that $$$