Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows Gate Session

Treebeard

Wanted to put the call out to any interested Riders for a gate training session this coming Sunday at Mt. Hood Meadows. I'm a ski coach with Meadows Race Team and am going to set a stubbie course on Stadium at around 2:15 on Sunday after ski training has completed. Will set to USASA GS spec from the Ram's Head gate down. Going to set on my skis then switch to board and am just getting back into Alpine after a very long break. Will keep the course up until 4 or so depending on interest. If enough show up I can schedule more sessions. I'll need attendees to sign a Meadows and MRT waiver and we'll be good to go, I'll bring some with me. Hoping there will be some interest in hammering some plastic and having some fun. If interested reply to this thread or give me a ring at 541 806 0010 (Sean), and we'll plan on meeting at the bottom of the Stadium lift at 2:15.

• Like 1

Great guys! Looking forward to seeing you! John I'll reach out to Josh as well. Is Keenan in the area?

And...... We'll run hard for this first session, but I'll bring the video camera and ipad for a little post session Dartfish analysis over a couple pints in the future if the crew is interested.

Burk, expecting that Thirst Warp will be tuned like a razor blade!

@Keenan is indeed in the area. 

Won’t have my smaller SF (the black one) on Sunday, gave it to a tuner. He did my Superconductor at the same time he helped me out with my boots, and it rode so nicely last night I dropped the SF off with him on my way back from the hill. So I’ll be riding the Superconductor, with the extra 13cm length might be better suited anyway. 

Hey! I'm planning to be at Meadows on Sunday, but it's my first day of lift-assisted riding for the season (I know, I know), and I don't expect to have anything left in the tank by the afternoon. We'll see how it goes, if I'm still on the mountain in the afternoon, I will drop by to say hi. 

• Like 1

Great guys, the football game might affect turnout but looking forward to getting together. Dan come on over and jump in! I'll start the set a little lower on stadium to pick up a few terrain transitions and keep it pretty docile for session 1. I can always throw in a rise line brush to help with line and tactics if we need it.

9 hours ago, Dan said:

Hey! I'm planning to be at Meadows on Sunday, but it's my first day of lift-assisted riding for the season (I know, I know), and I don't expect to have anything left in the tank by the afternoon. We'll see how it goes, if I'm still on the mountain in the afternoon, I will drop by to say hi. 

Alright, I'm in!

Dan, I expect to have a rematch, it was so close after our last race at the 2006 U.S./Canada National Finals.  This time we could be on the same boards and maybe you won't have the Camelback to make up for the extra weight that I possess. 

15 hours ago, Keenan said:

Alright, I'm in!

Dan, I expect to have a rematch, it was so close after our last race at the 2006 U.S./Canada National Finals.  This time we could be on the same boards and maybe you won't have the Camelback to make up for the extra weight that I possess. 

Hah! Close? I seem to recall you went home with the gold and I DNF'd 🙂

I will be riding my Superconductor and I'll skip the Camelback...(why didn't anyone tell me not to use it in the gates?)

Hmm, conditions looking iffy: we might get rain, groom, then freezing temps, which would be pretty much my least favorite riding conditions. I'm going to check the conditions report tomorrow a.m. before making a final decision - if it's going to be like riding on corrugated metal, I may pass - that's kind of a hard sell given day tickets are $90. 

OK fellas;

We are good to go so looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! I’ll be heading up to set at about 2:10 on Stadium. Will probably take about 15 minutes to set then will need to switch from skis to my board. JBurk will be at the bottom of Stadium at the lift line meet everyone. 

Looking forward to seeing you guys

• Like 1

Ok. We showed up, the surface was mostly that gray frozen granular with a few spots covered by 1/2” of new. Everyone but Sean (@Treebeard) thought we were going to die.

Nope, we had a blast.  It was much more manageable than we thought it was going to be, Sean set the gates really well with the spacing on the closer end of the range for GS, think they were around 18m. 

Thank you @Treebeard for making this happen. Looking forward to more sessions this year. 

Sean and crew— Sorry to have missed this. In Vail laying some very deep trenches.  John, love to hook up in PDX and play with the Bomber plate.  

Love to hook up for some gates soon.  We’re up all weekend Presidents Day.  Gonna bring a smaller board unless you set a SG.

Josh

@JSchindler: I’ll be away in the wilds of Montucky all next week, but will probably be up at Meadows the Sunday of Pres’ Day   Could likely mount that plate working out of the back of my truck in the lot early on Sunday morning, or just meet up during the week if you make it into PDX.  

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!

I am going to set a training course on this coming Saturday for those who are interested. Going to be on lower stadium and will set with stubbies. Will plan on having the course up by 9:30 and will run until noon.

Reply here if you plan on making it!

Sean

Sorry to thread-jack, but just want you to know this puts a smile on my face.  I raced for Meadows c.1993-95, back with Anton Pogue, etc. (not that I was remotely at his level).  Fun to read about you setting (and ripping) those pitches I still remember.  Jealous (not that I can complain about our season at Squaw).  Take care.

• Like 1