Note to New Members ×

Powder panic!

digger jr

This was a big deal. I know people who witnessed the incident. I don't understand how someone thinks this is going to end well. I witnessed a local at Snowbird that same weekend screaming and yelling at people to get off his mountain. The rapid growth of Salt Lake is creating a lot of traffic. Salt Lake had 57k people move there last year . Just over 1k people a week. Something tells me it isn't going to get better any time soon.  

My buddies and I left Solitude on the morning of 18th at about 7am - the morning of their biggest overnight dump of the year to date.  Big Cottonwood Canyon was closed so this apparently led to powderhounds flocking to Little Cottonwood.  Holy moly - what a sh!tshow it was on that road.  Miles of cars driving in at slow speeds, numerous spots where cars got stuck or veered off to the side of the road.  SLC seems like an awesome city - right by the mountains and numerous ski resorts.  I love alpine sports, but would I be crazy enough to pile in with all those other cars trying to get some fresh tracks if I lived there?  I don't think so... (I'd hope to buy a condo at a resort somewhere in the area and come the night before)

3 minutes ago, lordmetroland said:

Lucky skier, had he been a snowboarder, they woulda perforated his a** ‘til he come out looking like a cheese grater. The man can’t control us!

Ha ha! And me, a foreign, black snowboarder, living in Utah...

NO CHANCE!  🤦🏽‍♂️🤣

Edited by Emdee406
Omission
  • Like 1

Damn... I used to dream of moving back home to Colorado when I retire, but that has gotten way too crowded in the past 10 to 15 years.  I've been working a bit near Ogden the past few years, and I started imagining moving there or Eden (especially due to proximity to Powder Mountain), but if Utah is getting slammed with folks, maybe I'll just get comfortable with speaking børk børk børk the rest of my life!

• Haha 2

Seen some s___ as crazy as this in the Tahoe basin......traffic backed up for all  8 miles from Squaw to Truckee and then even backed up miles of Interstate with more people from the Bay area trying to get in  the (one -way in or out) valley of Squaw    All those that do make it to the resorts are like lemmings rushing  for which ever lift opens first...it's crazy!

Hmm.........was that "Unifed" officer the local police force trying to help out with traffic ??     

Edited by barryj

12 minutes ago, barryj said:

Seen some s___ as crazy as this in the Tahoe basin......traffic backed up for all  8 miles from Squaw to Truckee and then even backed up miles of Interstate with more people from the Bay area trying to get in  the (one -way in or out) valley of Squaw    All those that do make it to the resorts are like lemmings rushing  for which ever lift opens first...it's crazy!   Real Wackos on Powder days out there!!

Hmm.........was that "Unifed" officer the local police force trying to help out with traffic ??