Note to New Members ×

How much "relative width" do Burton Elevators add?

Spiny Norman

Hey, Sorry but I only got a BA so I don't get how Sean's guide helps me. Open to instruction though.

The Donek width calculator puts me at an optimal width of 26.3 so my feeling about waist width was correct.

I am asking what a 12mm riser gives you for a feeling of extra width. will the Elevators let me ride a 25.5 waist as if I am on a 26.5 waist?

Subjective answers are welcome.

Cheers

On 1/24/2019 at 2:23 PM, Spiny Norman said:

Hey, Sorry but I only got a BA so I don't get how Sean's guide helps me. Open to instruction though.

The Donek width calculator puts me at an optimal width of 26.3 so my feeling about waist width was correct.

Cheers

Print Edge Guide.

Cut (or fold) guide at bottom line

Let's be conservative and say you're an expert carver on soft snow so cut (or fold) along the 85 degree line.

Place snowboard on flat hard surface with risers in place, bindings mounted, and boots in bindings.

Slide Guide towards boot/bindings pieces that stick out.

Does the angle guide touch the board before it touches the pieces that stick out?  You're golden.

If the pieces that stick out touch the guide before the guide touches the sidewall of the board you will likely need to increase the angles or risk boot out.

Pictures and 1000 words and such:
swirlky.jpg

Edited by lonbordin
of course to answer your original question you'd do this once with risers and once without then da' maths...
  • Like 1