Note to New Members ×

Mountain Slope Boots

Riccardo

12 hours ago, yamifumi said:

This is definitely true. I have 100 stiff but got a World Cup tongue on rear boots. I also have all the stiffness of spring (blue, red, and yellow) but I am most comfortable with reds.

Ah interesting! I thought if people are riding two different stiffnesses, they usually go softer on the rear boot. I guess the idea in my head is wrong on that! May I ask why you run the two different stiffnesses on the boots and why you've done it in that config? Curious because I was thinking to experiment with something like this but with the springs.

11 hours ago, daveo said:

Ah interesting! I thought if people are riding two different stiffnesses, they usually go softer on the rear boot. I guess the idea in my head is wrong on that! May I ask why you run the two different stiffnesses on the boots and why you've done it in that config? Curious because I was thinking to experiment with something like this but with the springs.

For me, I like stiffer tongue in the rear foot bc before I had stiffer tongue, the longest buckle wire by the ankle joint was snapping out of place from stopper on the tongue when boot flexed forward. With stiffer tongue, it does not flex as much forward and Longest buckle wire stayed put with stiff tongue. 

..... if that make sense??

Also, softer flex at the front is more comfortable for my legs.... haha

Edited by yamifumi
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, slapos said:

I changed the tongues to world cup as well, but have not noticed too much difference in flex and stiffness. 

changing the springs however, made a huge difference to the flex. 

I never had an issue with wires snapping out of place.. 

I tried all springs and blue was too soft and yellow was too stiff for y liking but combo of World Cup tongue and red spring did the job for me!! I do have quite a bit of forward lean on rear boots.

58 minutes ago, yamifumi said:

I tried all springs and blue was too soft and yellow was too stiff for y liking but combo of World Cup tongue and red spring did the job for me!! I do have quite a bit of forward lean on rear boots.

this all absolutely personal i guess, depending on your posture, weight and power in your legs. 

I did try the red springs with standard tongues. these were too soft. 

I tried worldcup tongue with red springs and it was still too soft.

installed the yello springs and worked as a dream, but you have to consider that I came from Upz RCR which were ultra stiff. 

I ride with boots rather upright. 

cheers

• Like 1