Note to New Members ×

Mountain Slope Boots

Riccardo

7 hours ago, Randy Kight said:

@pauleleven

I’m curious about your 30 degree remark...Are you suggesting soft boot riders should not ride angles 30 degrees or more?

Yes, pretty much, the best example I can give in addition to what has already been said by @lonbordin, SBX riders. They never have anything close to 30, from pictures most are roughly 21/0. They undergo the most extreme pressures on softboots.

8 hours ago, pauleleven said:

Yes, pretty much, the best example I can give in addition to what has already been said by @lonbordin, SBX riders. They never have anything close to 30, from pictures most are roughly 21/0. They undergo the most extreme pressures on softboots.

That could be more to do with jumping and pumping that modern courses require.

Alot of japanese/korean soft boot riders have angles well past 30degrees

Edited by scottishsurfer

2 hours ago, scottishsurfer said:

Ya I think the jumping and pumping thing is it. 

I spoke to JJA and he mentioned over 27 you start you lose pressure on front foot and over 15 on rear. 

The best carver I've seen on YouTube was from Korea (pretty sure not Japan) and I think he had 36 front 30 rear. I mean like... Why not just ride hardboots? Ha

Anyone know the one? Tiny dude, oxess board, had a headset or something on with a mic? 

Edited by daveo

3 hours ago, scottishsurfer said:

Because their piste Is short, thickly packed and not that steep, which doesn't strain the ankle nearly as much.

All Japanese softie carving boards (ogasaka, gray, bc, etc.) Are designed with a super soft nose to control speed, the board naturally doesn't want to go fast, which promotes big angles and sometimes sadly incorrect supporting technique (knee out of alignment of foot and hip). All of this is not a problem as long as you don't have speed.

European boards (SG, Kessler, Oxess, etc.) Are designed for stable and faster carving, what I'd like to call speed carving, which is why they teach a more ergonomic and support oriented style of softboot carving.

In my experience in china, those who ride a Japanese board seldom exceed speed more than 50km/h, even on black slopes, but when someone with a European board is taught to ride how the boards are designed, instantly up to 60km/h.

4 hours ago, Pythmere said:

@Puhutes I just got a pair of the WC with the new liners. Do you know if the new liners are thermomoldable?

Will you be at the FIS World Cup in Park City by chance?

Hi there... yes they are! You can either bake them or just wear them a few times. 

I don't think we will be going to North America any time soon. Maybe in the summer if we are lucky!

Greetings Jennifer

16 hours ago, bobdea said:

@Puhutes were you talking of developing a step in that was different than intec? Felt like you said something about it. 

Was this a binding or a standard? 

Yes, that's right. But we want to get a normal binding done before step in. Our next projects are to produce the E-Shell boots and a smaller junior boot. 

3 hours ago, Puhutes said:

Hi there... yes they are! You can either bake them or just wear them a few times. 

I don't think we will be going to North America any time soon. Maybe in the summer if we are lucky!

Greetings Jennifer

Yes, that's right. But we want to get a normal binding done before step in. Our next projects are to produce the E-Shell boots and a smaller junior boot. 

Can you release any details about your upcoming bindings? 😄

On 1/26/2019 at 3:21 PM, lonbordin said:

If my feeble memory isn't playing tricks on me I think the subject of this video stated that he was riding 30/18 at the time.  Seems to be doing A-Ok....

Gabe rips. 'nuff said.

Yeah we're talking about regular humans here, not cyborgs, which were designed from the ground up to be able to carve on any board in any condition. He must be top 3 carvers I've seen.

Edited by daveo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 10:51 PM, BlueB said:

@Puhutes

In another thread we are discussing the stiffness index of snowboard hard boots... Are the numbers used on your products equivalent to the ones used on ski boots? 

Hello BlueB 🏂
Thanks for your question. We have 2 stiffness options for the boot shell. The standard version is flex 100 and the World Cup version is flex 120. You can also adjust the stiffness with tongues. We have stiffness 100, 110 and 120. Or you can choose different springs: green (softest), blue (soft), red (hard), yellow (harder). Hope this helps!

Greetings Jennifer

On 1/27/2019 at 1:10 AM, Pythmere said:

Here is the sizing chart for the boots. I assume E-Shell is the next largest size.

image.png

Hello, Yes we are planning to make a smaller shell (AS) and a larger shell (E). Our goal is for next season.

Greetings Jennifer

On 1/27/2019 at 6:36 AM, bobdea said:

I second that question

We do have a working binding which was used a whole season in World Cup. However, it would be too expensive to produce and sell. We are currently looking at other options. Our focus at the moment are on smaller and larger boots.

3 hours ago, Puhutes said:

Hello BlueB 🏂
Thanks for your question. We have 2 stiffness options for the boot shell. The standard version is flex 100 and the World Cup version is flex 120. You can also adjust the stiffness with tongues. We have stiffness 100, 110 and 120. Or you can choose different springs: green (softest), blue (soft), red (hard), yellow (harder). Hope this helps!

Greetings Jennifer

Hello, Yes we are planning to make a smaller shell (AS) and a larger shell (E). Our goal is for next season.

Greetings Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer, but this is not exactly what I was curious about... The question was how your flex index matches the ones used by other manufacturers. In other words, would your boot labeled 100 feel similar in stiffness to, lets say, Deeluxe or Dalbelo boot labeled 100. 

I can't answer for Jennifer but from my experience, I felt the 951 Standard is similar in stiffness to UPZ RC12 in standard config and the 951 World Cup is similar in stiffness to the UPZ RC12R in racing config.

Not sure if that helps align stiffnesses with ski boots as I've never used any. 

Edited by daveo
  • Like 1

I'm getting a pair.  Going with the 120s because I'm running the stiffest tongues in my UPZs.  I mostly love my UPZs, aside from the fact that I have to unbuckle them at the bottom of every run, so no real complaints there, but YOLO, mid life crisis, can't resist. 

It's cool that they offer all the different stiffnesses for the boots, tongues, and springs.  That way if the boot you choose turns out too stiff or too soft you can change it to some extent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Jack M

What's your plan for liners?

Jennifer recommends BootDoc WC foam injected. I tried them but they didn't work out, went with zipfit and love them.

Goodbye snowboard budget 2019...

Black tongue, intermediate booster, dgss on the RC10 makes for a really sweet freeride hardboot, by the way. Might want to consider that instead of selling...

Edited by daveo

2 hours ago, daveo said:

@Jack M

What's your plan for liners?

Jennifer recommends BootDoc WC foam injected. I tried them but they didn't work out, went with zipfit and love them.

Goodbye snowboard budget 2019...

Black tongue, intermediate booster, dgss on the RC10 makes for a really sweet freeride hardboot, by the way. Might want to consider that instead of selling...

She said they have a new liner, so I'll try that first.  I will be keeping my UPZs to use as loaners and backup.  I have a couple guys who want to try.

14 minutes ago, Jack M said:

She said they have a new liner, so I'll try that first.  I will be keeping my UPZs to use as loaners and backup.  I have a couple guys who want to try.

Yep. I think a forum member is testing the new liner out currently, actually.

3 season, 3 new liners. Zz. I think they should offer them without liners at a discount as an option like UPZ does for preorder, then they don't run the risk of having too many or too little liners for their production run for the season. I ordered mine with no liners, but it's not a standard offering unfortunately.

Edited by daveo

I ride in upz foam injected line in my Mountain slope boots and it worked very good, even thought the foam was made in Upz shell. 

before this season is switched to zipfit and I honestly think they perform waaaay better then the foam injected ones. 

zips don't pack out during a longer day of riding. so basically your heel hold in the morn is equal to the heel hold in the afternoon. 

five star liner for me that zip. 

For next year I am moving on to 951 world cup to see how that goes. I moved from UPZ rcr so @Jack M I think you have made a right choice, as I actually find yellow springs to give same stiffness as silver tongue in UPZ.

cheers

Lukasz

• Like 1

BTW, leonel will do a set of foam liners even if it’s not the ones he sells. Had this conversation with him in January. 

Zips are good too. Those intuitions I was yappin’ about in the other thread are likely the best in the thermo fit wrap type. Big fan of the intuition plug as well, that one works well where I’m looking for more volume, soft boots and anything that isn’t Head stratos pros for example.

On 4/16/2019 at 7:31 AM, Jack M said:

It's cool that they offer all the different stiffnesses for the boots, tongues, and springs.  That way if the boot you choose turns out too stiff or too soft you can change it to some extent.

This is definitely true. I have 100 stiff but got a World Cup tongue on rear boots. I also have all the stiffness of spring (blue, red, and yellow) but I am most comfortable with reds.

• Like 1