Note to New Members ×

Deelux 425 Pro

big mario

I'll keep this really succinct.

If you like springy, flexxy  boots, look elsewhere.

If you like stiff, responsive" twitch and you're turning boots", prepare to fall in love.

Not for the faint of heart or timid, you will be spanked.  Severely.

fit is like all deeluxo's

Mario

• Like 3

I love mine.  BTS with red springs. I have not ridden them without a BTS.  180 lbs 5’11”.  I went down 1 size from previous T700’s, and that snugged things up in all the right places.  I think I have been riding the wrong size boots for a decade plus.  I am using whatever thermoform liner came with them.  I do get some movement of the liner in the shell when I get snow/moisture between them, but have not taken the time to fix that with some strategically placed tape and boot fitter foam. 

I would agree they are a stiffer boot, but stiff like a good sports car suspension. They respond very well with small inputs and absorb the big loads.  

I did pick up a pair of old Raichle 125 for my powder boots/board ride, have not gotten a chance to test those.  Same/similar mold as 425 but with softer plastic and 1 less buckle.

Viva Montucky Clear CUT

I went to ebay and just bought the shells from germany, I downsized a half a shell siize and threw my wrap liners in that I  got from Bola 4 or 5 seasons ago with no issues and without molding.  I'm definitely digging these, though the color scheme is no where near as sexy as the black and white of my 700's.  The black and green does matcth one of my viruses, if you're into that.

mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1

One thing I am not liking, however, is the lack of adjustability in the cable/buckle system.  If you cannot make your adjustability work within the parameters of the threaded part of the buckles,  you are s.o.l., since there doesn't appear to be a way to source longer or shorter cables, nor are there any additional holes in the shell to move the buckles in or out without drilling your own. Not afraid to do that, but I shouldn't have to

Mario

Ended up adding a new hole for the buckle about 3/4" back, cable snugs up now

Edited by big mario
new boot modification info added
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, big mario said:

One thing I am not liking, however, is the lack of adjustability in the cable/buckle system.  If you cannot make your adjustability work within the parameters of the threaded part of the buckles,  you are s.o.l., since there doesn't appear to be a way to source longer or shorter cables, nor are there any additional holes in the shell to move the buckles in or out without drilling your own. Not afraid to do that, but I shouldn't have to

Mario

Beware unscrewing the thread to the very end. I broke two of my buckles like that while riding right where the threaded part goes into the sleeve.  I inspected the parts and concluded the buckles aren't exactly made of high quality material. (the diameter of that shaft is way too small and I have no idea behind why they put a bend in it as well).

I agree that there is a lack of adjustment on the buckles AND the ladder buckle to wire strap is like a unicorn.  Buy spares for travel as there isn't a compatible replacement that you will be able to find on the road.  (Yes there are other options but it's very difficult with the raised tongue sections to make work).  [Note: if anyone finds a source of spares let me know most places are out of stock]

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 8:16 AM, lonbordin said:

Beware unscrewing the thread to the very end. I broke two of my buckles like that while riding right where the threaded part goes into the sleeve.  I inspected the parts and concluded the buckles aren't exactly made of high quality material. (the diameter of that shaft is way too small and I have no idea behind why they put a bend in it as well).

Wasn’t quite sure I understood the part about the setup and how it attributed to breakage.   

You would think at that price point they would be a bit more durable.  It’s curious that the SB shell was traditionally used for softer and or entry level line of boots. Now with harder plastic in an old mold, they’ve suddenly catapulted to the top of the stiffness/performance spectrum.    

I realized that the comments about difficulties sourcing parts may have been related to buckles.  Not sure about those;  I only know that the straps were available at YYZ.

Thanks for that heads up Gabe, I didn't see them listed on the website, I suppose if I wasn't so lazy and gave them a ring, I would have actually found them.

4 days on 'em so far, and I am seriously loving them. They have changed my riding.

Mario

• 1 month later...