Note to New Members ×

Looking for a wide softboot board, need suggestions.

lonbordin

8 minutes ago, lonbordin said:

What blows my mind (from a business perspective) is why the offerings are so limited.  You'd think some manufacture would have a tapered camber shape that they offer in 24.5/25.5/26.5/27.5/28.5  covering the whole spectrum of feet.

I think the issue is that most board makers make boards for johnny the weekend warrior who isn't particularly good at getting a board to go edge to edge so there afraid to go over 26.5cm for there wides 😕  Which leaves those of us with bigger feet(im US 11.5) with vastly reduced options in terms of off the shelf boards. Things are starting to change a little though but manufactures are also reducing the length as they increase the width......

If It's titanal I really dont know how he can do it...

Jasey told me beyond 26.5 it's very hard to have titan sheets. Possible to make one wider but very costly.

Referring to Bobdea Coiler BXFR 27.5. At 840 canadian pesos its a steal. Might be the best option.

• Like 1

I get to add to my own list.

Parlor makes a Dropwallet (153, 28.2 wide, camber option)-

https://parlorskis.com/collections/snowboards-1/products/dropwallet?

Looks like might be fairly straightforward to demo one if you live in the N.E.

https://parlorskis.com/pages/on-snow-demos

Edited by lonbordin

On 1/11/2019 at 6:18 AM, lonbordin said:

What blows my mind (from a business perspective) is why the offerings are so limited.  You'd think some manufacture would have a tapered camber shape that they offer in 24.5/25.5/26.5/27.5/28.5  covering the whole spectrum of feet.

I feel the same, but in reality there are more small/medium people than large in our sport.

I think the LTB165 would be too short for you even for a shifted board , your gonna loose speed & sink it in deep powder...  I have a 181 nitro cannon , its 26 wide & I free ride with hard boots so over hang is not a problem.

my only issue with it is its too soft for my weight in hard boots.

my next ride to replace the nitro will be a 181 fullbag hammerhead I like the scr, & blunted tip/tail better.

good luck with you search.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sasquatch_Surfer said:

I'll throw my vote in for Donek Incline. I have one 169cm x 30cm. Pretty solid ride for most stuff except maybe icy bumps.

custom-169-incline.jpg.869935932407ddffa

Wow! 😍

That is a super nice board! I love the clean look of these blue Donek boards. The only top sheet I like better is the gray scale squares. 

On 1/12/2019 at 1:21 PM, Poloturbo said:

Might not be a full layer... Might be stringers or in a V or X shape or something...

On 1/12/2019 at 1:21 PM, Poloturbo said:

Referring to Bobdea Coiler BXFR 27.5. At 840 canadian pesos its a steal. Might be the best option.

Agree. 840 loonies is nothing when converted. It's like USD3.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2019 at 9:21 PM, Poloturbo said:

Jasey told me beyond 26.5 it's very hard to have titan sheets. Possible to make one wider but very costly.

Yup, can see the metal so guessing Bruce has a source..... that or he uses multiple sheets. Whatever he does, it works.... well. 

Also, the ride timeless is metal, the 167 is something like 275 wide so the material is obtainable