Note to New Members ×

Cliff Ahumada (sp?)

1xsculler

A group of the Pure Carve guys that were riding at Powder Mountain all switched to a specific version of a metal Coiler AM that I was riding. I think it was an AM XT. I think it was also called the Steelman Pro. They were not trying to match the Pure Carve though, they found the Coiler AM to be more fun (easier?) to ride.

• 1 month later...

Hey Cliff, Michael Lloyd from NorCal here.  You may remember you filmed me for Carve On at Buttermilk back in the day.  I'm not here online much, so it's pretty random that I see a post by you.  Question- do you have a link to Carve On online anywhere, or can I buy a DVD?  Would love to have a copy in non-VHS form!

I watch Ride the Edge once in a while and it still gives me goose bumps.  The first time I watched the film it blew my mind just like Endless Summer did when I was 5 years old.  The carving community in the US owes you a huge debt of gratitude for depicting carving in such an aesthetic and compelling way.  Hope all is well in Aspen; deep trenches brother.

Edited by Freezer
sp