Note to New Members ×

Heard it in the lift line - 2018/2019

Corey

Causing an outburst of fat shaming wasn't my aim. Even lean cyclists know the cheapest way to lose total weight from bicycle and rider is to lose rider weight. Chris Froome is seriously LEAN.

I deal with the consequences of Western calorie rich diets every day in my work as a doctor. For me, obesity is a health issue that robs, the person trapped inside, opportunity and length of life.

7 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

Causing an outburst of fat shaming wasn't my aim. Even lean cyclists know the cheapest way to lose total weight from bicycle and rider is to lose rider weight. Chris Froome is seriously LEAN.

I deal with the consequences of Western calorie rich diets every day in my work as a doctor. For me, obesity is a health issue that robs, the person trapped inside, opportunity and length of life.

I reckon the Western calorie rich diets are a cultural consequence, honestly. In Asian countries, fat shaming is ingrained in their culture. It's unspoken and healthy. In Japan, if you're fat, you can forget any chance at having a career, partner or any sort of success, honestly. In Australia, it's getting to a point, where if you're slim or have a good body, you are almost sometimes judged like you have some problem with fat people. It really is *that* bad. It's almost more accepted to be obese (not just over your ideal weight) than to be slim here. It's no joke and it's unhealthy.

I was an athlete for 10 or so years. I know my diet and exercise have both slipped significantly since then. Significantly is an understatement. I eat junk and have a stimulant rich diet and I exercise less than or equal to 3 times per week and that exercise is pathetic. Genetically, I can't/don't get fat. Probably because my parents were also both athletes (dancers..), I don't know. But if I were predisposed genetically to being fat, I definitely would be right now. I put myself in the same category as someone who is morbidly obese in that sense, I'm sure my life is being reduced due to poor diet and lack of exercise.

1 hour ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

Guys, guys, guys...

We need to get back on topic here.  

SOME KID WAS LIKE OMG IS THAT A MONOBOARDSKI, AND I WAS LIKE ITS A SNOWBOARD, BRO!!!!

Don't lie, he definitely started with OMG DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

At Meadows today, I saw some patrollers practicing towing a sled. They stopped halfway down a run and I caught up to them. When I caught up, I pulled over, put on a puzzled expression and said "Hey guys, thanks for getting the sled ready for me! But how did you know I was going to be here?"

The patroller who was towing the sled didn't miss a beat. She looked at me and said in a serious tone "Well, we've been keeping an eye on you."

🤣🤣🤣🤣 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Here has been my series of chatter this season

As I was pulling away from the lift:

Kid: "what is that?"

Dad: "oh that's a mono ski" very matter of factly

Women skier also came up to me and asked: "how do you like those step in bindings?" referring to my TD3 sidewinder standards. "My son wants some and I don't know which to get." I proceeded to show her I was in hard boots and using bail bindings and she was very confused as to why I was wearing "ski boots" on my snowboard

Teenager park rats trying to butter and do ollies as approaching the lift line and falling the whole way: "duuude, can you take that thing off jumps?!?!"

Also saw a softbooter obviously trying to carve like Ryan Knapton, but falling every turn as he stuck his butt in the air and reached down for the snow. 

Riding with @Jcar, just past the lift starting our descent, we passed a ski school class. Instructor told all the kids to stop a moment and for us go by and watch how we turn. 

Same mountain, my GF tried taking a beginner lesson and had slightly forward angles of her own accord (15 and maybe 5?) the instructor insisted that because of her stance she would be unteachable and unable to learn snowboarding..... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AcousticBoarder said:

Same mountain, my GF tried taking a beginner lesson and had slightly forward angles of her own accord (15 and maybe 5?) the instructor insisted that because of her stance she would be unteachable and unable to learn snowboarding..... 

Absolute gospel.  I have been unteachable and unable to learn for the past 24 years.🎿

• Like 1
  • Haha 1