Note to New Members ×

Northern VT advice pls

icebiker

I’m heading up to Northern VT after New Years to try four mountains I’ve never ridden: Smugglers, Sugarbush, Stowe and Jay.  I usually carve the wider blue groomers in the AM and then after the chop forms after lunch I just explore.  Any guidance on the names of the good carving runs is appreciated! Thanks!

At Stowe, Gondolier and Perry Merrill are nice blues, and it's beautiful being over there below that summit.  On the Mansfield Lodge side, there are a number of options depending on conditions and grooming of course.  Liftline is a great challenge if it's groomed.  Hayride and Lord to North Slope are my favorites.  Spruce Peak is worth exploring if you want to mix it up.

If they are running the zipline tours - DO IT!!  Well worth it.  May need to book in advance.

I agree about Stowe (especially Perry Merrill and would add Nose Dive on the main mountain to the list if it's groomed) but the truth imo is that the best riding at Stowe, Smuggs and Jay is off-piste. If you have a wide AM board or softies see if you can hook up with people of similar ability who want to go into the trees or hike the upper chutes at Stowe. DON'T go in there alone but with the right group it's unforgettable. Wish I could join you - Stowe is magnificent.