Note to New Members ×

Coming to SLC where should I go?

Sasquatch_Surfer

Never been sliding in Utah, and plan on visiting the SLC area Jan 3-6, will be in Park City for a couple days since i have an Epic pass, but where else should I go?
How is the snow, coverage, etc? What is good?

I enjoy carving the groomers of course, but everything else is game too. Nice tree runs are my favorite. (Powder is always welcome 🙂 )
Will be riding a Donek with softies.

Any advice is welcome.

• Like 1

If you feel like the big mountain experience Snowbird will test your skills both on Hard and Soft boots. Steep!!!

Many do not find it fun due to hi degree of difficulty. 

They have currently started there 1 star campaign. Many negative reviews. Powder to Deep, is the grooming crew on strike, no green runs. 

It happens to be my home mountain and I love it. 

If you are looking for a good carving mountain Solitude is great.

If you want an old mountain feel with left over powder days later, Powder Mountain is your spot. Cool back/sidr country that a bus brings you back to the mountain with your pass. If you do that I always recommend appropriate safety equipment. (probe,shovel,becon)

I'm based at Park City, where I teach (now part time), happy to show you around! I'm on soft boots 90% of the time these days.
Unfortunately, although great resorts, neither Snowbird nor Solitude are on the Epic pass.
Canyons and PC have some great carving terrain, and early January will be quiet after the 3rd, when I finish with a 12yr regular client. LOTS of terrain in what is now the US's biggest resort.
Friday the 4th I'm free...will hopefully (still be testing the Alloy DO 161).
If it keeps snowing, the tree runs will be great in both resorts, the groomers are already epic, thanks to cold temps and extensive snowmaking. Utah has such a dry atmosphere, that the artificial stuff is outstanding too!
Let me know...

@snowwjob1  , @Emdee406

Thanks for the info!

Seems like I will have some choices to make in areas (Powder Mtn and Snowbird sound fun) and perhaps in board (will have to see if I can fit two in my board bag).

@Emdee406 I will most likely will be at PC on the 4th so may send you a note just before. I would be happy to trade beverages of your choice for some local guidance.  

13 hours ago, Sasquatch_Surfer said:

@snowwjob1  , @Emdee406

Thanks for the info!

Seems like I will have some choices to make in areas (Powder Mtn and Snowbird sound fun) and perhaps in board (will have to see if I can fit two in my board bag).

@Emdee406 I will most likely will be at PC on the 4th so may send you a note just before. I would be happy to trade beverages of your choice for some local guidance.  

That’s awesome, let me know. I don’t check here super often, so you can e-mail me for a quicker response. 

martindrayton at yahoo dot co dot uk 🇬🇧 

On 1/2/2019 at 10:18 AM, Sasquatch_Surfer said:

Sounds like fun! Hope your celebrity has rudimentary motor skills 😉

Just taught Ben Higgins, from the 20th season of ‘The Batchelor’. A really nice guy! It was for a piece on adventure sports in Utah, for the NBC show ‘First Look’. It’s where celebs try exciting activities for the first time, in cool locations. 

D0C7B801-F8C4-4FB5-9150-8FC3CB535139.jpeg