Note to New Members ×

Travel bag for board + boots?

Grip

Hey hey... Any good options for airline travel bags for a hard boot setup? Board is 170cm so it's a struggle to fit in my Burton wheelie bag. Ideally I'd like to fit the boots in there, and outerwear too, like I do with my soft setup but obviously would need some serious padding.

3 hours ago, michael.a said:

Dakine double ski bag. When flying bend a piece of cardboard around the edges. 

Last trip I easily fit  my 200 Tanker, 180 SG and 173 Goltes plus boots two pairs of bindings and clothing and every single imaginable accesory.

This must be over the 50-lb weight limit, no?

I can fit more in a Sportube 2 but 3 boards, one pair of bindings, plus a few clothes puts me just under 50 lbs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grip said:

Link to that Dakine please? I don’t see it on their site. 

Sporttube looks cool too. Really hoping to fit boots as I’m traveling onwards after the mountain. Suppose I could shuffle some packing cubes around once I land. 

Carry on.

• 2 weeks later...

i have sports tube 3.  It's got room but weight is the limitation.  If you don't care about Airline surcharge(it can get expensive) you can stuff it in.

With 1 board I can fit boots/cloth in there and came in around ~47lb.  see picture.  I should really come up with a list.

with 2 board. boots goes in to carry on.

pack_sporttube3.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 3:08 PM, Grip said:

Link to that Dakine please? I don’t see it on their site. 

https://www.dakine.com/en-eu/bags/travel-bags/ski-travel-gear-bags/fall-line-ski-roller-bag/

Mine is similar but seem to be Burton one, takes 3 boards, bindings are another bag with my gear. Mine is older model but i can fit there my 187 Magistral also, just.

https://www.burton.com/us/en/p/burton-wheelie-gig-board-bag/W19-109941.html

Edited by pokkis

Thanks! I have the Burton bag already but its really a 165 max. My 169 fits but it’s super tight and worry about some grumpy baggage guy smashing the tips up.

So given that I already have the soft bag for my smaller soft boot boards, I went with the Sport Tube 3 for heavier duty trips.

• Like 1