Note to New Members ×

Dupraz D1+ 5'5" setup?

Corey

It lives! They are a beauty aren't they!? I'd have posted a pic already, but alas my iPhone's camera was busted. For sure it's my favorite board I've ever owned. 

I set it up centered on inserts per the recommendations of this thread. I plan on riding it in every condition.

There was a 5'2" demo unit for sale. I sent the link to my Buddy, I was hoping he would buy it for his wife. I'm drooling over the 6++ that's still for sale. 

Corey - is this the board that you tweaked your knee on?

Last week I rode my new 181 Fullbag Hammerhead 35/20 with HB's and did not feel I had control or leverage on the heel.  Next day I adjusted to 21/8 and used forward inserts - MAJOR difference!  This big powder board can carve.  Groomed surface was firm and fast and the board railed.  Should have good results in CO next month.  Give it it a go, less lateral stress.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pat Donnelly said:

Corey - is this the board that you tweaked your knee on?

Last week I rode my new 181 Fullbag Hammerhead 35/20 with HB's and did not feel I had control or leverage on the heel.  Next day I adjusted to 21/8 and used forward inserts - MAJOR difference!  This big powder board can carve.  Groomed surface was firm and fast and the board railed.  Should have good results in CO next month.  Give it it a go, less lateral stress.

😎👍

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Dupraz ate up pow and chop at Turner this week. I'm definitely the limiting factor in performance. I didn't change anything on the board over the 4 days. I just rode and learned. 

It was fun to plunge the tail down and pivot it almost vertically to change directions. It was fun in the trees, especially when mixed with the tail plunge trick.

The nose pulled me out of a few moments when I got too heavy on the front foot, but it has limits. 

I also learned it's pronounced Doo-prah, with a silent Z in the French style. 

I still hate it on groomers. I mean, it's not bad, but I feel it carves about as well as a rental freestyle board. 

1 hour ago, b.free said:

I don't know Corey, mine D1++ 6' carves great on groomers. I even can lay it down completely on some firm snow

Huh, neat! Maybe the 5'5" is that much different. 

Don't care, it slayed chopped up powder at Schweitzer today! It likes it when I ride like an angry 15-year-old. My legs? Not so much.