Note to New Members ×

Getting back into the game - Hard Boot Package Advice/ Opinions

SHREDSURF

Great to see you got your boots set! 

Now we just need the snow gods to dump a few feet. The warm temps and rain have wreaked havoc on everything within 5 hours of the nyc metro area. 

Last week I was riding in 12” fresh powder, this week I was carving into dirt. 

May be a better time to throw on a wetsuit and wax my surfboard instead. 🙂

Edited by Kmf

1 hour ago, Kmf said:

Now we just need the snow gods to dump a few feet. The warm temps and rain have wreaked havoc on everything within 5 hours of the nyc metro area. 

We need the same storms that dump a few feet of snow to "fix" the beach replenishment going on this winter by the USACoE.  Unless you like surfing shore break...  😠

6 hours ago, Kmf said:

SOOO much better than stock! Still need some tweaking, but I know i can ride for at least 60 minutes without having to unbuckle buckles. The weather has gone to shite...trying to get up and out tomorrow morning for some early morning runs in at Bellayre to get things dialed in...we shall see.

1 hour ago, SHREDSURF said:

SOOO much better than stock! Still need some tweaking, but I know i can ride for at least 60 minutes without having to unbuckle buckles. The weather has gone to shite...trying to get up and out tomorrow morning for some early morning runs in at Bellayre to get things dialed in...we shall see.

I unbuckle at the bottom of every run 🙂

3 hours ago, Emdee406 said:

Awww... I’m headed to Niseko for a few days. 

Will be good! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, daveo said:

What bindings did you use for snowboardcross? 

I rode Burton Diodes... currently I’m really into Ride El Hefes, just bought my second pair. They’re going to go on the new soft boot carver that arrives in a few days from Coiler...very similar to @bobdea‘s BXFR. Mine will be:

Length 158

waist 27

sidecut 8/10/9 

Running length around 135

Can’t wait! 

• Like 2

On 2/8/2019 at 2:04 PM, SHREDSURF said:

Have you ridden your new setup yet? If so, what’re your thoughts? 

On 2/13/2019 at 12:25 PM, Kmf said:

Have you ridden your new setup yet? If so, what’re your thoughts? 

Like I never stopped riding hard boots! WOW! Dialed in and carvin like the old days! Effortless edge engagement and super fun! Boots could use a slight tweak on my right instep, but overall, STOKED TO BE BACK!!

• Like 3

On 2/19/2019 at 5:55 AM, SHREDSURF said:

Like I never stopped riding hard boots! WOW! Dialed in and carvin like the old days! Effortless edge engagement and super fun! Boots could use a slight tweak on my right instep, but overall, STOKED TO BE BACK!!

Waiting for epic super review of everything. 

20 minutes ago, daveo said:

Waiting for epic super review of everything. 

What's left to review? 

I can't tell what is making this new ride so sweet....is it the board, the boots, the bindings, the dashingly handsome rider...who knows?! 😁

The boots although very uncomfortable at 1st, after some great advice and suggestions here, the new Intuition "Luxury" liners and some amazing boot doctory, were almost perfect...just 1 minor tweak is needed on my right boot shell due to my high instep (from my ballet days).

The board grabs onto a turn and effortlessly moves me through it, I was a little shaky at 1st, but after 2 hard pack, full groomed runs, I was carvin like never before.

I've been out on the set-up 5 times now and I am looking forward to some more snow and a upcoming 8 day trip to Stowe, VT in mid-March will hopefully have me laying out some big awesome carved turns! 

• Like 1