Note to New Members ×

Weekend starting in Denver

Neil Gendzwill

So I’m going to be in Denver on business in late January. Louisville, actually. My business wraps up around 5 pm on Friday Jan 25 so I am contemplating riding for the weekend and heading home Monday. Where should I go?  Is it possible to avoid crazy crowds?  Doesn’t have to be a carving haven, I’m good with all terrain. 

• Like 1

Lovey. Good crew, good carving, and crazy good natural terrain off of 8 and 9, old school ski area, and not a resort. Reasonably priced as well. Check the yo Lci! Thread  Discounts with advanced purchase or with a buddy pass.big small mountain. Bring supplemental O2, base is at 10,800 feet, most of the time less crowded than the summit shitshow

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No lodging near either hill. 

The biggest advantage of Eldora over Loveland is not having to drive I-70 on a weekend. 

If you do choose Loveland, you can probably find lodging in Georgetown. If you choose Eldora, a hotel in or near Louisville would be only about an hour away. 

3 hours ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

Bah, work just nixed the trip.  Turns out I need to be back bright and early Monday.  Thanks anyway.  Maybe next time, I'm in Louisville quite a bit, this is just the first time it coincided with a winter weekend.

Keep us posted here Neil. We're are on Ikon passes so we go to Eldora a lot. And Sundays at Loveland are always Fundays! Passes are cheap too. Post up here for your next trip, might have a basement apt for you 1hr from the front range/Arvada