Note to New Members ×

Summit

AcousticBoarder

Headed to snow summit for some turns this Wednesday 12/19. Anyone around and want to make some turns? I plan on being on Hardboots in the morning and switching to soft in the afternoon. My gf and a few friends will be taking lessons and looking to get her on Hardboots by February for MCC so will be working with her in the afternoon! Any suggestions? 

• 2 weeks later...

How was Summit?  Was there enough runs open to get a full morning in on hardboots?  Looking to get out tomorrow but not sure where to go.   Thinking Mtn High just for convienence, but want the variety of big bear /summit but want to make sure it’s worth the 6 hrs in the car.

I went on the 26th and it was pretty darn good!  It snowed a bit Christmas day so things were soft until the afternoon when it hardened significantly.  The morning wasn't too crowded but that changed when the afternoon shift kicked in.  I overheard a woman asking anyone for help with how to attach her skis to her boots.  The free parking on the street was half full at 800am and we paid the $20 for lot parking so I could eat lunch and change boards at the car.

Most runs were open and coverage was complete.  I didn't add any gouges to my base!  I don't know how it's changed in the last few days since the 26th.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, AcousticBoarder said:

Planning on being there on Thursday 3/14. Anyone around? 

Yeah, there is a good chance as long as my work schedule stays the way it is.  Was hoping to get out next week, for the day.  Was gonna hit up Mt High East, but if your gonna head up to Summit I’ll man up and do the drive.  I’ll keep ya posted.

• 8 months later...
16 hours ago, AcousticBoarder said:

Anyone been recently? Plan on doing a day trip this Wednesday Dec 18th.

I went yesterday...it was like spring conditions in December.  'Soft in the morning and softer in the day.  It was definitely better than the boilerplate day I went after it rained.  

The coverage is spotty.. Here's a shot of chair 7 and the dirt spot I apparently like.

IMG_4600.jpg

IMG_4603.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A glorious morning at Summit today.  Definitely hero snow until about noon...then bumpy mush.

No crowds after a 3-6" storm Sunday/Monday.

I spoke to two separate guys interested in Alpine.  Both skiers and both former snowboarders who got bored with it.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...