Note to New Members ×

SOLD. UPZ RC10 MP 28

jl1

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Billb said:

I’m not familiar with the flo liners . Will they remold or will I require new liners? Do you know if the deluxe wrap heat moldable liners will work in these ? Thanks 

I also want to make sure no shell modifications have been made. 

The flo liners are widely disliked, just keep them for when you sell the boot. The Deeluxe wrap liners will work if they are the thermomold ones, but will need remolding. 

3 hours ago, Billb said:

Thanks Daveo , I have a brand new pair of the thermomold deluxe liners . Even though all upzs come with flo ,most people change them out ?

Yes the flo liners are universally hated. I think Billb, Shred and Beckmann are the only ones to actually not swap them out.

They mold mold to your foot shape over time. Either that or your foot molds to the liner. 

Edited by daveo

11 hours ago, daveo said:

Yes the flo liners are universally hated

Universally no.   The big issue is that the Flo liners are vastly undersized for the shells they come with... in addition the liner is fairly narrow in the forefoot which is the exact opposite of why most people choose the UPZs in the first place.  The liner construction is fairly solid and mirrors liners that you'd find in high end narrow last ski shells like Lange.

TLDR the Flo liners do not match the shells last or size.

Edited by lonbordin
and size.

7 minutes ago, lonbordin said:

Universally no.   The big issue is that the Flo liners are vastly undersized for the shells they come with... in addition the liner is fairly narrow in the forefoot which is the exact opposite of why most people choose the UPZs in the first place.  The liner construction is fairly solid and mirrors liners that you'd find in high end narrow last ski shells like Lange.

TLDR the Flo liners do not match the shells last or size.

Hmm, you make them sound a lot worse than I remember. Probably why they're changed out by the vast majority.

I should probably point out that my comment when I used the word 'universally' was not meant to be taken literally. Thought that was clear from how I then mentioned a few people (apologies Beckmann, thought you were part of that group from how you were talking about them) who use them.

Sorry for the derail to the OP, good luck with sale. Fine boots, I've got a pair the exact same 🙂

2 hours ago, daveo said:

Curious as to why you were such a fan of the flo liner then. If it were anyone I'd assume they had extensive experience with them or used them.

1 hour ago, daveo said:

(apologies Beckmann, thought you were part of that group from how you were talking about them)

The UPZ 'flow' liner is a variation of the typical alpine ski boot liner. I've used (and modified) many of those, as well as Zipfits, Conform'able, and thermo-foam liners in/for a variety of applications. 

I'm not a 'fan' of the liners, but recognize their utility in a properly sized shell.

Similarly, I'm not a 'fan' of thermofoam liners for performance applications, but appreciate their utility in effecting comfort and warmth, especially when a wide variety of feet need to fit in a very limited range of boot shells.

On 2/12/2019 at 1:45 AM, Beckmann AG said:

The UPZ 'flow' liner is a variation of the typical alpine ski boot liner. I've used (and modified) many of those, as well as Zipfits, Conform'able, and thermo-foam liners in/for a variety of applications. 

I'm not a 'fan' of the liners, but recognize their utility in a properly sized shell.

Similarly, I'm not a 'fan' of thermofoam liners for performance applications, but appreciate their utility in effecting comfort and warmth, especially when a wide variety of feet need to fit in a very limited range of boot shells.

So what you're saying is that you're a fan.. Joking. Got a question. PM'd you. 

• 2 weeks later...