Note to New Members ×

Coiler BXFR 161 for auction !

Bruce Varsava

Well if anyone is looking for a possible good deal on a softboot carving board this maybe a chance.

I donated a 161 BXFR to a local radio station and it is now up for auction. I didn't give them any dimensions so no one really knows what it is and therefore as it stands now the price is $62 cdn.

Auction ends this Friday but not sure what time as the radio is saying 5 pm but the auction shows Dec 14 12:00 am whatever that means.

I am willing to pick it up and ship for the cause if required. I could possibly even change the topsheet but would have to charge  $100 for that operation. 

Boards specs are :

161 BXFR

26.3 wide

sidecut 7.5/9.5/8.5m

Adjusted to 180 lbs

Hopefully this gets the price up a bit as it is for a kids Xmas fund.

Good luck!

There is a guy at the station who is bidding on it and he may get surprised if anyone on this forum is interested(-;

Link to the auction is below

BV

https://rock95.com/?page_id=75832?auction_id=51

Edited by Bruce Varsava
spelling
  • Like 5

I noticed it's pickup only at the radio station.  Maybe if you offered to arrange shipping for Alipinesnowboarder members it would help get some bids?  That might not be feasible - just thinking of ways to get more bidders.  Kudos on the donation!

If the top sheet graphic is really a deterrent for someone, I've had good success using vinyl sticker material with a carbon fiber appearance to cover a repair on a snowboard top sheet.  If Bruce isn't insulted, you could cover the entire top sheet with material like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Black-100-x-24-Carbon-Fiber-Car-Roll-Film-Vinyl-Sticker-Decal-Wrap-Sheet/292643128537?hash=item4422e3c4d9:g:K~EAAOSwIeFbTJAh:sc:USPSPriority!44646!US!-1

The stuff even works on a Coiler:   :biggthump

Repair.jpg.4a0b96359d45f67cbbb32a7f3f5be50d.jpg

Guys, bid on it, it’s CAD, it’s like Monopoly money for Europeans and Americans right now.

if I win it, it’s either going to my wife or to the classifieds here. As I can not use it. 

Like the cause and I know what it is and the inherent value. 

Truthfully, I put in the bid just to drive the price up, and, limited it to a price where I know I could get my money back... 

Im a sucker for the kids. 

44 minutes ago, Poloturbo said:

I think a new board is about 840.00$.can.

Still an amazing deal right there.

Correct, that’s why it’s gonna go to someone for a fair price! 

2 hours ago, Eboot said:

Hey - I am happy to donate $50

a few of us could band together and then offer this up as a fun give away at MCC to something crazy?  Or a deserving youngster?

That’s fine with me, if I win it we can work it out that if y’all pay me what I win it for we can just ship it to another charity type thing. Kinda a cool idea that a board would travel around doing solids for kids. 

• Like 1