Note to New Members ×

Best boots for wide feet and extreme carving

westsideaaron

Hey y’all 

i’m Currently riding old deluxe grey boots w blue springs I bought from a friend 4 years ago.......I have a wide foot (with bunions)and am looking for a good boot for my foot and style or riding (surf style and developing extreme carving) 6ft 180 lbs

i appreciate all of your experience and information 

thank you ✌🏽

Head is the best fit for me, UPZ has plenty of plastic I’d think you’d be able to blow those way way out with some boot work.

i have a mild bunion on one foot wear 3e shoes but didn’t need to blow out the shell. 

Keep in mind everyone with wide feet generally puts thermo liners in if they wanna make ‘em comfy. 

The deeluxe 700s are significantly wider than the other shell style they sell. 

As far as performance goes, liked the 700s with the race tongues much better than the heads

UPZ, can’t walk in them between the shape and lack of pads on the toe and heel block being so far inward. I have to compensate for the ramp or something end up changing my toe lift which I don’t like having to deal with. This is where I’d love bomber can’t thats less than 3 degrees.

with all those things the boots Are a little bit of a fitting and tuning problem for me but once they are dialed they work really well. 

• Like 1

I ride UPZs now for 5 years for me they are perfect, the great advantages are you can adept them to your liking even with foam liners and the stiffness is to adjust with a different tongue(std 90 or 130 or 150)

Check also there website, price in-between Deelux and Mountain Slope

6 hours ago, Aracan said:

The best boot is always the one that fits you best. Sorry if that sounds like a platitude, but it's true.

No, the best boots are definitely @pokkis'.

I reckon these can be improved upon slightly actually with an intermediate Booster strap. Just sayin'... Or even better a WC one with the Nylon and 1 elastic strap cut for the special GOLD buckles and same intermediate flex.

I always found my stock UPZ strap had no give but would loosen, plus it frayed on me 😞

Edited by daveo

6 minutes ago, pokkis said:

Mine is UPZ rachet strap, best.

Ah! I used this last season! Super nice! Felt ever so slightly locked in at times, so switched to expert booster for a little more give this season! Just to see 🙂

But if you like the ratchet strap, I think this one might actually be best. G-Style. It is a ratchet strap, but it also functions as a buckle, very convenient. So if you're like me, you can unbuckle between runs! They have a bit of rubber absorption material on the inner (tongue location) too, for a little forgiveness...

GTRPM.jpg

2016GTRP.jpg

Ah Hyper Hold Strap! That's right.

https://ameblo.jp/ijirizuki/entry-10919274275.html