Note to New Members ×

Does anyone know what this board is?

Emdee406

Does anyone know what this board is? 

Found it at my local snowboard shop, in the consignment rack....Looks like the Japanese Hammerhead style, might be fun for some soft boot carving.

Any ideas? Matrix Escape? I couldn’t find anything on the internet 🤷🏾‍♂️

Thanks 

AA4C96F0-9AC0-4B37-A045-E0F68976B58B.jpeg

25105D9E-DCC2-43BE-A103-65AD331DFF62.jpeg

F7A569C1-155A-459F-8335-6198A093E313.jpeg

Edited by Emdee406
Addition

Matrix is m8trix is heelside having ties to vive.

Matrix/m8trix was the non US branding for heelside snowboards.  Few years ago the remaining alpine decks could be found through Australia and middle European countries (as in, eBay). Erik sports has carried the products for a while.

Heelside was the US branding. And Vive was a rebranding for a few years (sponsored Louie Vito in that time).

Yes the decks are made in China. The guy who is pretty much the company is very hands on and spends most of his time overseeing things there (despite being a ski bum from the northwest). He builds good decks. I wouldn't consider them to be overly light or heavy. Just, solidly constructed decks without any needless decorum. And if that's the carbon version of that deck, you are looking at a rocketship.

Depending on the price it may be a nice find.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2018 at 6:34 PM, alpinegirl said:

Matrix is m8trix is heelside having ties to vive.

Matrix/m8trix was the non US branding for heelside snowboards.  Few years ago the remaining alpine decks could be found through Australia and middle European countries (as in, eBay). Erik sports has carried the products for a while.

Heelside was the US branding. And Vive was a rebranding for a few years (sponsored Louie Vito in that time).

Yes the decks are made in China. The guy who is pretty much the company is very hands on and spends most of his time overseeing things there (despite being a ski bum from the northwest). He builds good decks. I wouldn't consider them to be overly light or heavy. Just, solidly constructed decks without any needless decorum. And if that's the carbon version of that deck, you are looking at a rocketship.

Depending on the price it may be a nice find.

Great info! It certainly looks like it has potential. 

Thanks 

Edited by Emdee406
Edit

@alpinegirl,  @lowrider, @Caswell and @barryj  I will hopefully get to try the board this weekend, but I suddenly had a thought...

i remembered that someone had reviewed the Endeavor Hammerhead, some time back. So I searched and found a photo from the review... Is it just me, or do they look remarkably similar shapes, at first glance?

I'm away from home on a trip right now, but when I get back, I’ll get the tape measure out, and see just how similar they are!

Spooky...

E0DF5A02-2916-4FD9-8B1E-0421B751E560.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Dead serious. After riding the slalom deck I set out to find a gs deck and Australia was the location where I found any (and as previously mentioned, europe). At this present time there are a few warehouse type online stores that sell m8trix/matrix boards in Australia, either under that name or a handful of others. The alpine decks were much harder to find. Easy to miss if you aren't looking for it.

Emdee, I'm glad that you enjoyed your spin on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1