Note to New Members ×

Home fitting heat moldable liners

Jeffrey Day

4 hours ago, ABRider said:

Hey I haven't heat molded a liner before, and am thinking of doing my Driver X liners - for my softie setup -  as I find them slightly uncomfortable (I'm 99% sure they are heat moldable lol). Would this method also work for them? Thanks in advance!

Imprint 3x? I was under the impression that these were not heat moldable. But I also found them incredibly uncomfortable. I swapped them out for something different.

19 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

I use and believe in the oven method as detailed here on yyzcanuck.com.  I want the outside of the liner to mold to the boot, especially since I have a step-in cable.  The rice sock method won't do this.

That's exactly what I was thinking/wondering about! I've always done the oven method one way or another. I was just thinking that this rice method would be an easy way to do moldings. Just wasn't sure how thoroughly it would heat up the whole liner!

17 hours ago, daveo said:

Imprint 3x? I was under the impression that these were not heat moldable. But I also found them incredibly uncomfortable. I swapped them out for something different.

I thought they were but I could be mistaken. I will have to do more research as I thought I had read that they were moldable by a Burton dealer.. Mold able or not, following your lead and swapping them might be the better option anyway. And thanks for the info!

Edited by ABRider

18 minutes ago, ABRider said:

I thought they were but I could be mistaken. I will have to do more research as I thought I had read that they were moldable by a Burton dealer.. Mold able or not, following your lead and swapping them might be the better option anyway. And thanks for the info!

I had my 3x liners in the previous model of DriverX (2016) molded by a shop. They dont noticably puff up while cooking like other liners, just get very soft. The end result is probabky the same as you get from 4-5 days of packing out but without the pain. Mine are very comfortable and have good heel hold.

• 3 weeks later...

As mentioned before, I did use the rice sock method, I was fitting an intuition Luxury 27 medium density in a 26-26,5 upz rc10 shell.

I was using the oven method before with no problem but this time since it was a big liner in a smaller shell,  I change the way I was doing it after discussing with the intuition guy.

Also, no problem with the Intel heel cable, while the liner not being as hot as with the oven way, there is a small gauge inthe liner where the cable stands.