Note to New Members ×

Jasey Jay interface system - opinion required

I think he will usually build the board and plate together so they integrate well together. Might cost $2800 total, btw.

His plate system is a floating plate design, right? Like a boiler plate or apex plate? I believe there is some tuning adjustments you can make to it?

Have you tried a bridged plate system like allflex?

Edited by daveo

I have ridden them nearly exclusively for a few years now.   I love them,  but I prefer plates vs without.  In fact,  I will have a jja 185 + jja plate for sale soon that were made to match (December).   Also an apex. 

The brackets he uses are amazing,  best I have ridden and I have had donek,  apex,  and bomber on boards before. Simple to set up,  lots of options. Plates themselves are top notch as well.   I highly recomend. 

Bridge systems are great for racing but are notorious for being harder on the rider.   They are also more expensive and harder to find used.   For us mortals,  I prefer a floating design. 

Happy to answer any questions,  and talk more about plates I have for sale.   Pm me. 

JJA is possibly the nicest person in the world. I've spoken to him in detail numerous times. He is very enthusiastic and you can tell he loves what he does. Heavily involved with research. Some of the guys on the forum have even visited his house and workshop. He must be one of the most knowledgeable out there regarding plates as you could understand given his research and development background.

I tried fully floating system( mind you it was kinda garage build) some time ago and didn't like the feeling of disconnection from snow. Mind you that for sure I have improved skill since then.

@Atom Ant

How is the feeling on JJA interface?

Which boards do you recommend ? 

I want a 163, was thinking about going quad on the tit too.

I asked JJ to sort me out with a board first and give me a plate as a test. If I like It I keep it.

@slapos

"Feeling", on any floating axle plate system with the ability to vary the position of the axles in relation to the rider's binding position can vary enormously dpepending upon how it is setup. JJA system has more variation possible than many designs.

Unless you have a good understanding of how the various factors interact, you will need to try a number of variations before you get a really good idea of how it will perform, and the best compromise for you on the spectrum between loss of snow feel and isolation from the bumps and ruts that form on a ridden slope. 

Personally, I would love to see an up to date guide document from JJA on his approach to set up his design.