Note to New Members ×

Aspen classic pass renew question (Can I skip a year?)

pow4ever

We were told once you purchase the initial pass in-person you can subsequently renew from out of state only if you do so each and every season.

"For those guests who did not have a 2017-2018 Classic Pass, purchases for each passholder must be made in-person at one of our ticket offices beginning October 8 through November 18, 2018." 

https://www.aspensnowmass.com/plan-your-stay/tickets-and-passes/classic-pass

Shame, that was a good deal. 

Aspen is a magical place, but going last year with just a handful of others made me realize how much of that magic was in the large and diverse group of carvers. I likely won't be back to Aspen unless another session is planned. ?

Thank you JohnE and Pat for the great info!

Corey:  Last season; the initial lack of snow also put a damper on things.  It did recover nicely.  I agreed 100% that the stoke/energy/positive vibe comes from the crowd.  Almost comparable to running alone vs running in NYC marathon.  Aspen will always be magical to me lol... 

Bob:  Thank you for the reminder.  Joerg and pureboarding crew does make the pilgrimage to Aspen annually. 
I wonder if their plan will change this time around.  One will need leg of steel and lung of an elite endurance athlete to keep up with them ?

58 minutes ago, pow4ever said:

Thank you JohnE and Pat for the great info!

Corey:  Last season; the initial lack of snow also put a damper on things.  It did recover nicely.  I agreed 100% that the stoke/energy/positive vibe comes from the crowd.  Almost comparable to running alone vs running in NYC marathon.  Aspen will always be magical to me lol... 

Bob:  Thank you for the reminder.  Joerg and pureboarding crew does make the pilgrimage to Aspen annually. 
I wonder if their plan will change this time around.  One will need leg of steel and lung of an elite endurance athlete to keep up with them ?

They actually do come this coming winte on, jan. 28th to feb. 7th

On 9/7/2018 at 8:57 PM, pow4ever said:

......One will need leg of steel and lung of an elite endurance athlete to keep up with them ?

1/ Good off season fitness maintenance. Cardio generally + strength work for legs and core are essential.

2/ Pre-acclimatisation for Aspen's altitude. Acetazolamide has it's uses. Sift the chaff from the wheat when it comes to remedies for altitude sickness.

3/ Isolation plates reduce quads fatigue. 

4/ Good technique enables carving with much less effort, all other things being equal. 

5/ Don't do the waist strap on your body armour/spine protector up too tight! Been there, done that, and wondered why I was so out of shape. ?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...