Note to New Members ×

short & fat

xy9ine

I seek the quiver of one. There is no such thing but if I were to have to take just one board, the diamond blade would be it. I like all of Mig’s Offerings but many of us lean towards directional set back boards or full on race or tweener/centered stance boards. I like the tweener board that does it all. I like a centered up stance. So preference is key. I ride my hammerhead bx in light powder 2-6” and it works fine. I  never set my boards back because I don’t like them to ride differently. Set it and forget it. The diamond blade for me is the most versatile board I have. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I had been riding .. carving on old swallow tail redux designs like the Rossignol 159 Judge and 168 Judge . And while that 168 gave me some edge ( about as much as a 160cm deck to play with)  I disliked its versatility in tight pow situations and the 159 did not have enough edge. I enjoy the hammer head shape and spoon of the 156 Jones Hovercraft because I can lift my rear foot in a heelside carve to reset the nose.

i can’t EC as fast heelside as with my 169 ( about 8-10 mph slower) but the tight tree powder versatility and enhanced toeside from the magnetraction more than makes that a worthwhile trade off. Keeps my speeds to around 45-55 mph laid over which is definitely safer. 

I tried the 152,154,156,162, 166 hovercraft and 156 ultra craft and preferred the 156cm greatly . The design doesn’t stretch well. 156 gave tighter turns ( when pushed)  and more edge hold ( when pushed) than any other size. 

I think this board shape suits most snowboards best .

The Jones HC needs better materials and better dampening and a fine tuning of SCR. I’d like to design one of these shapes to better suit what I like to do .The Ultracraft IMHO is not the correct application of CF  and just adds stiffness for skidded turns and reduces carvability. 

when I need to reset a tie edge with a conventional board I get More or less point contact of the nose with the snow, what I like about the hammerhead shapes as I get more of a line contact feel ( larger area to reset with and once it’s reset I can lift the tail to dig in the nose to ploughing it into a tight nose SCR to either slow down or pop back up from EC ) for resetting the nose.

and MiG... how do I twist your arm to finally get a pavement carving brudda onto snow in Aspen with me?

Edited by John Gilmour

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:32 AM, John Gilmour said:

and MiG... how do I twist your arm to finally get a pavement carving brudda onto snow in Aspen with me?

If I manage to loose a 150lbs, you won't have to twist my arm! Right now, I am having a hard time completing a run on a very small hill without my back and knees suffering. Haaa! Haa! Ha!