Note to New Members ×

WTF 2019

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

snowreport: wed aug 15, 2018
howdy all

well, no snow, but paid for my season pass yesterday. went up to the summit and walked around

a little and the vis was not good because we have a lot of fires all around of us. we had a thunder

storm come thru a week ago and started many fires just north of here. things are not going good

for me and we'll see how it goes...

snowreport: fri aug 17, 2018
howdy all

here's a pic of the howe ridge fire on the northeast end of lake McDonald in glacier national park... still burning...

glacier-national-park-howe-ridge-fire-20

The Howe Ridge Fire seen from across Lake McDonald on the night of August 12, roughly 24 hours after the fire was started by

a lightning strike in an area previously burned in the 2003 Roberts Fire.

• Sad 1

snowreport: sat aug 18, 2018
howdy all

just saw this on the elevated_surfcraft  Instagram page. a great friend and the best stoke on big mountain.

he will truly be missed... he helped aaron from soulmotion on some designs and rode his boards...

a surfer from California and big mountain rider... I am sure Robbie is making turns in the big sky...

33426409_217737965695973_703075280087941

Hope you get a wind or weather change soon. I was in Lake Country over the weekend, and the smoke down there was terrible. Flights being cancelled in and out of Kelowna and Vernon because the pilots couldn't even see the runways.

It's been a bad season this year for sure.

surfreport: sat aug 25, 2018
aloha kakou

back in the motherland for a month... quite!... no hurricane lane anymore... hot-n-humid... as per usual...

not much surf and still a little windy and lite rain... first thing... budwiser, Dungeness crab in kim chee sauce

and some inamona ahi poke... yeah! what a great way to start it off... 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

snowreport: fri sep 28, 2018
howdy all

got back yesterday and slept all day today... colder than normal and not much fun...

it's an early fall and the cooler temps are bringing some snow on the higher elevations

in glacier national park... here is a pic of the parking lot at logan pass... first signs of snow...

loganp10.jpg

Edited by west carven

• 2 weeks later...

snowreport: sat oct 13, 2018
howdy all

we got a lite dusting here in Whitefish Mountain Resort about 6:30pm...

tried to snow here in town, icy rain, but melted right away, very little...

a short cold spell from the north then back to normal next week in the upper 50's...

supposed to dump further south near bigsky, you can check the four webcams, it's dumping now...

i'm going to talk to the i.t. guy at Whitefish Mountain Resort in setting something like bigsky's webcam...

live webcam... so you can see the conditions right now... maybe infared so you can see thru the fog … hehe...

chalet10.jpg

Edited by west carven

• 2 weeks later...

snowreport: fri oct 26, 2018
howdy all

grey and rainy all day... the rain started last night about 6:30pm just as I finished cutting the grass

and getting ready for the snow to fly... this past week we had over a week of nice sunny warm temps

and me and my buddy went paddling every day... it was beautiful with the fall colors and sunshine...

last night brought some snow on the big and it is forecasted to rain all week with cooler temps...

time to change gears and put the summer stuff away and pull out the winter gear... yeah!...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1