Note to New Members ×

Snowpro Bail Replacement

Treebeard

Has anyone replaced the bails on these? I have a replacement bail on the old 2 piece and need to take it apart to replace the broken bail on the plate. Looks like they will be interchangeable if I can get them apart. There is some kind of little circlip holding the bail to the toe piece. If someone has done this I'd appreciate some advice.

Thanks!snopro.thumb.jpg.e35d587475e3cce4afff5646da08194b.jpg

Are you sure you want to ride those bindings? What, if I may ask, is your weight? Snowpro stopped making alpine bindings more than 15 years ago, and YOUR bindings were probably already at least 15 years old when they did.

Do you really, really want to entrust your corporal integrity to plastic made before Clinton got elected?

• Like 1

That was my initial thought. 20-30 years of UV degradation ? 

So many better options out there. You can find gently used F2 RS' out there for under $100.  Hell, if its nostalgia you are looking for, I've seen TD1's sold here for less than that... 

I would not worry too much about UV exposure, unless the things have been stored in the sun. But it's a sad fact that plastic does not get better with age and load. The construction seems similar to later models - a grooved plastic top part sliding on a bottom part. It's easy to see where they might give in. Of course it's your decision to make. With Burtons it is often hard to tell what the aggregate age actually is, because spare parts have been (and still are) continuously available, while all parts of the OP's bindings are definitely as old as they look. Having already broken a Snowpro of much later vintage, although I am neither particularly heavy nor a particularly aggressive rider, I know what I would do.

Edited by Aracan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellas was able to get a new bail on the snowpro after removing the little circlips. Two new pairs of deeluxe boots, a pair of old school Hot slalom decks and heading to timberline in a week and a half with wife while kids are in ski racing camp. Only been 20 plus years since i snowboarded but had a rossignol deal back in the day so am hoping it come back like riding a bike! ?.

New (old) toys, and the Mrs. ripping it up on the World Cup back in the day!

20180727_182830_Film2.jpg

2018-08-04 19.09.54.jpg

Edited by Treebeard
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

^

^ That was a fun course.

"Only been 20 plus years since i snowboarded but had a rossignol deal back in the day so am hoping it come back like riding a bike!"

Your 'new' boots may feel dramatically different than your old boots, (on account of sole geometry), so go easy your first few runs.

Edited by Beckmann AG