Note to New Members ×

Annual Quiver Photo 2018-19 Season

workshop7

Doh. You’re right, bad analogy on my part. Target archery (especially fixed-distance FITA style like 70m) is very much a “closed set” skill where you try to perform the same action exactly the same way every time, like free-throw in basketball. Makes it excruciatingly boring as a spectator sport. 

Think Jack’s got it right: short, medium, and long. I’d try to pick the short board so that it’s also good on the icy days, long board (bigger SCR) == speed + ice seems like a good recipe for a concussion. 

On 6/15/2018 at 11:50 AM, Corey said:

I can't speak for Mr. Workshop7, but I have many boards too.  If I go to the one little hill, I'll likely ride 3 different short boards.  A bigger hill?  I'll take a few, but only have bindings on 3 for quick changes at the car.  The rest come along because, sometimes, I just want to change it up.  

You could golf with 2 clubs, but why?  ?  ?

Our house backs to a golf course. I don't golf. Once in a while we'll see a golfer with just 1 - 3 clubs. They look so much happier than the ones with a full bag. 

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:22 AM, JohnE said:

Our house backs to a golf course. I don't golf. Once in a while we'll see a golfer with just 1 - 3 clubs. They look so much happier than the ones with a full bag. 

I beg to differ. it's a known fact that anyone with at least one Fullbag (board) is much happier than everybody else... ??

Edited by Mig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

This is my quiver for '18 - '19 and I'm stickin' to it.

In whatever order...all custom built for 60 to 80 kg except the 163 Rossi Slayer which is my $29 Ebay special and a nice little board. All Coilers except for the Alpine 168 and the Rossi.

172 NFCB, 180 EC, 163 SL, 176 AM, 170 NFCE (green snakeskin on right)

20180729_213607.jpg

• 8 months later...
On 6/17/2018 at 2:37 PM, jburk said:

Back when I shot archery competitively (70 meter olympic recurve), the saying was "watch out for the person who only owns one bow".  That person would have spent 1000s of hours with just that one piece of equipment and their proprioceptive system would be one with the bow, but the person who owned more than one would often tend to have more than two, and never really reach their full potential with any one of them.

Would this apply to wives as well ?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, AcousticBoarder said:

It's an angrry, just took it out for the first time today and what a blast! 

Right on!!  Glad to see your the one that bought that!!  Sounds like a fun board that would work well in SoCal!

1 minute ago, Jcar said:

Right on!!  Glad to see your the one that bought that!!  Sounds like a fun board that would work well in SoCal!

Yeah, I was unsure how I would like it, I haven't had the MK click with me yet, but wanted to try something turny and more nimble for more local crowded resorts. I have some video I will be posting in my riding critique thread of me on it. It took me a run or 2 to get used to it and slow myself down in the carves, but then it was great fun, even when it warmed up to 60 degrees... 

• Like 1